Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I just installed a #5 fuel plate and 90hrs injectors. The power is great, although the truck used to start right up after 2 seconds of turning the key over, now it takes about 4 seconds. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
353 Posts
push down the throttle just enough were you can feel it pull the cable and hold it till it starts she will fire every time at the bump of the key. it will take some getting use too but you will get it down..

·
Registered
701 Posts
As the title says I just installed a #5 fuel plate and 90hrs injectors. The power is great, although the truck used to start right up after 2 seconds of turning the key over, now it takes about 4 seconds. Any suggestions?
MIne did the same thing after i installed governor springs, used to start INSTANTLY but it turns over a little more. not 4 seconds though...more like 1-2 seconds

·
Registered
861 Posts
i havent had a problem with my 370s. i mean no longer than 2 seconds.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
i just touch the throttle so it starts quicker, but mines like 2-3 after plate and 4k gsk, but mines never instantly started since i've owned it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
push down the throttle just enough were you can feel it pull the cable and hold it till it starts she will fire every time at the bump of the key. it will take some getting use too but you will get it down..
Yep, thats the way mine is..

·
Registered
352 Posts
i hear putting foot on throttle to start is really rough on the engine. any truth to it?

·
Registered
215 Posts
i hear putting foot on throttle to start is really rough on the engine. any truth to it?
I just barely touch the pedal

mostly to save wear on the starter

·
Registered
215 Posts
Where is your trucks idle at? It sounds like it may be a little low.
In neutral it is at the first mark below 1K

in gear it is in between the 2 small marks

i would guess 500 in gear and 750 in neutral

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
your a little low, IIRC the 'free idle' speed is supposed to be in the 800-850 range.

It doesnt seem like much of a difference but it definately does for starting!

Mine had a fairly low idle, something like yours, in the 600-700rpm range and was hard starting unless you gave it some pedal. Turned the idle up a bit and fires on the first spin, granted its not -40 outside...!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Take a look at your tach and let me know where it is,...

i wish these had numbers on them,...

Mine is centered in the first notch
right below 1K

i might bump it up a bit, it wont hurt,..:thumbsup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts