Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,187 Posts
Yup, one is doing no service to the truck babying it. It’s made to work hard, not be a daily driver.

Suspension and steering really depends on driving conditions. I’m not sure what your “lift kit” consists of, but those are generally horrible for the truck overall if it was. POS lifts (most are), coupled with the obvious big heavy will continue to wear out all the suspension and steering parts faster than stock. Exceptions aside, of course.

Injectors, I mean 104k sucks for sure. I got a buddy that got over 400k on his stockers. What kind of fuel filtration have you been using? Stock? Have you been using OEM filters or crap imported china filters from the parts stores? Are you sure you even needed injectors too be changed and you didn’t get had by a shop?

· Registered
6,187 Posts
rough country? Glow shift? Stop buying cheap crap and it might last longer! Stock height will eliminated a majority of the problems people have.

133k here, I just got up and drove 3000miles round trip to pickup my daughter and move her home. Didn’t think twice about it, didn’t even check under the hood before I left. Zero issues.

· Registered
6,187 Posts
if you baby the truck you'll never really know how much abuse it can take. heard a story that talked about a wife being paranoid about a burglar entering their house and after 10 years it finally happened, the husband went down and told the burglar how his wife had been waiting 10 years for him, moral of the story, there's no point in worrying if the truck will break if it's working fine now. all you can do is maintenance. watch some of the old whistlin diesel videos when he used to try to destroy some trucks for fun, trucks are a lot stronger than people think lol.
Yup and most of the stuff that "breaks" is the owner's fault. Either via improper use, or unrealized side effects of modifications

1 - 3 of 3 Posts