Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Just,how tough are these things?

3337 Views 35 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  sdowney717
Hello,I have a 2006 Cummins 5.9. It’s stock besides a lift kit and I needed injectors at 104K. Currently at 133K. My question is,how can kids put tuners on these things and beat the crap out of them and nothing happen,I religiously maintain mine and don’t drive it hard at all. (I get it up to temp). At my work place there’s lots of diesels started cold and ran hard. Why is mine,if I hit a quarter in the road somethings wrong yet everyone else has no problems?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
28,330 Posts
Amongst the stronger more reliable trucks me can buy….

It’s not luck of the draw or fate.

· Banned
28,330 Posts
I would say stop babying it.

Have you owned since new? If not it’s a crap shoot.

I’ve never understood how guys buy a truck and are afraid to use it, they don’t go a mile over their oil change interval without freaking out, they’re super scared to drive it in the rain or something ridiculous but the rest of us get in and drive and let er eat. Not saying you’re that, but there are countless threads on here treating trucks like a dainty little flower

Ultimately, on here, guys say you need this; need filters, need upgraded lift pump, need free spin hubs, this that and the other, or it won’t last. And that’s total BS

· Banned
28,330 Posts
Front end not designed for nearly 1200lbs?? These trucks were designed when the Dodge/Cummins marriage was nearly a decade and a half old. They were absolutely 100% designed for it…at a time where the Cummins took probably 75% or more of sales.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts