Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I have a 2006 Cummins 5.9. It’s stock besides a lift kit and I needed injectors at 104K. Currently at 133K. My question is,how can kids put tuners on these things and beat the crap out of them and nothing happen,I religiously maintain mine and don’t drive it hard at all. (I get it up to temp). At my work place there’s lots of diesels started cold and ran hard. Why is mine,if I hit a quarter in the road somethings wrong yet everyone else has no problems?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had to do my entire bottom end as well. U joints,wheel bearings, hubs,brake lines,all 4 shocks,differential.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Besides driving it resonable and getting it up to temp and plugging it in during winter,how do I get this thing to last?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My truck is my daily driver,is it a dainty flower or is it a beast? I drive it nice and reasonable and it always has something going on. I bought it at 97K miles. 1 owner. It’s been serviced and had all the filters changed and oil. At my work there’s a switcher that uses the 5.9 and they get in it and start hauling immediately while cold! If I did this kind of stuff in mine it would surly break,or be irreversibly damaged!…..or would it?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I read all replies! My lift kit is a 5” (rough country Frankenstein/other parts) lift. Bilstine 5100 shocks and airbags in the rear that don’t work. I want to get a duel CAT/Baldwin fuel filtration system and a bypass amsoil system. I hear exhaust manifolds crack too. I get my deisel at a popular station where it’s circulated regularly. I’ve put too much money into the “million mile” Cummins to sell it now. I don’t even need a million miles I just want 5000 issue- free miles at a time at this point. :mad:

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Another note. I’ve also wanted to get some glow shift gauge,the pillar with 4 options,since my stock Gauge cluster is pretty much faulty.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mine just doesn’t like me. I do religious maintnence as well. There’s always some mystery problem nobody knows how to cure with my truck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts