Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I have ever put the truck on a dyno. The only one in town is a Mustang Dyno. With the bullydog turned up to Extreme the truck put down:
Horsepower @ Wheels
580.3 @ 2945rpm / 75.7mph
Torque @ Wheels
1064.9 @ 2859rpm / 73.4mph
It took a while he had trouble getting 3rd gear dialed in for 1:1
We did 3 pulls that was the best one. Although I was impressed with the #'s I think they should've been higher. I only saw 28psi boost on the dyno? I can hit 35 on the street and I know the gauge is right because my water/meth is on a boost switch set @ 32psi. We could not get it to spray until I turned switch down to 25psi. Does this sound right? I am new to the dyno someone take me to school.
I will try to put up the video.

·
Premium Member
11,944 Posts
580hp must have been a corrected number. For a truck with only a tuner I would expect 450hp(ish) Uncorrected.

As far as the load is concerned, what % of load did they run? Sounds like it wasnt quite loaded hard enough BUT with a little more load I doubt you'd see much of a difference on your setup.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked him how it was loaded he said by weight? He said they went by the weight from the book. I thought the numbers were high. I was thinking 450 - 500. I never saw high egt's either, I can hit 1600 on the street only saw 1400 on dyno?:confused013: How far will the stock injectors get me in regards to horsepower and what size turbo max? I do see 1600 on the pyro @ WOT. I am looking for 600hp I also have a spool aid and built tranny on the way. Any thoughts on what turbo and fuel setup it would take to get me there?
The video was too big to upload sorry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts