Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am all new to truck performance so please help me out here...

I want to increase MPG and Performance, MPG is #1...

I saw the AFE intakes but there is many different ones, what is the best one?

Please let me know your recommendations on what to buy first...

Someone said there is no Filter delete yet perfected for the 07 6.7L but it is in the works.... this true?

THANKS!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
yes its true..i think i heard the will be shipped out this month?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I am all new to truck performance so please help me out here...

I want to increase MPG and Performance, MPG is #1...

I saw the AFE intakes but there is many different ones, what is the best one?

Please let me know your recommendations on what to buy first...

Someone said there is no Filter delete yet perfected for the 07 6.7L but it is in the works.... this true?

THANKS!
BADP has a code free delete coming out in a couple of weeks I believe. That's what I'd do 1st for MPGs. I almost bought a 6.7 and was gonna do the same.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told that a shop in central florida is doing its final testing before production....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So buying anything else at this point would be pointless until i install that right?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
So buying anything else at this point would be pointless until i install that right?
pretty much...otherwise youll just clog it up

·
Super Mod
1,470 Posts
An aftermarket air intake is the first mod I got before getting the DPF delete. Check with the site sponsors here and see what kind of deal they can give you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Look into Airaid intakes also, I just put one on my 6.7 and it's nothing short of amazing. The installation was easy and I saved about $50 instead of getting the AFE stage II. Also the overhead is showing better MPG but I won't know for sure until I fill up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
395 Posts
get the dpf delete and remove the cats.....you won't regret it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Is this the airaid part?
Part # : 300-209

cheapest seems $289 with free shipping

AFE Mega Cannon Stage 2 Intake 03-08, 5.9L & 6.7L Dodge
$386 shipped...

Stage 2 (not mega cannon) is around $289 as well

is this the part: AFE Stage 2 Intake System: 2007.5 Dodge Cummins 6.7L Diesel - Grimm Performance - intakes, programmers, exhaust, lights

which should i do?
Yeah that's the right part #, check ebay I got mine from a Dodge dealer in Texas, Henson was the name I think. And it was only $251, they were also the cheapest on shipping. Alot of the stores on ebay will do free shipping too, just not to Alaska.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'd check into the ICEBOX intake. I'm not sure if they make one for the 6.7 but that would be the best setup for a great price. I believe $230 shipped. You can get it with an Amsoil Nano Filter which is the best filter you can get!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Everybody is saying you get the most mileage with the DPF delete, but nobody has said what that increase is?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ran my mp-8 and edge for 3000 miles before the dpf delete and after i plugged it up once and had to drive on the interstate a while to clear it out i just took it easy when in regen and didn't have another problem I went from 17 to 23 on the interstate hand calculated. Can't give you a number with dpf delete havn't done anything but city driving sense i put it on.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You should post in the Request a Quote Section on our forums for your parts. Our sponsors here have great prices and help support this forum as well.:thumbsup

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd check into the ICEBOX intake. I'm not sure if they make one for the 6.7 but that would be the best setup for a great price. I believe $230 shipped. You can get it with an Amsoil Nano Filter which is the best filter you can get!
the icebox is available for the 6.7s as of right now but I thought that it said $399 shipped on their website.....i might be mistaken.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts