Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy of mine found a beat up 1997 Ram 3500 in a salvage yard, we got the whole truck for $250, complete motor, trans(5 speed), intercooler, etc, etc... We took the whole truck, cut the front end off and gave it back... The rest of the truck was destroyed(It sat for a while, with no windows, after being rolled over)... So the way it works out, got a 913 pump for free... We have the trans sold for $1000 to a buddy of ours, but we can't decide if we should sell the motor or hold onto it and build it, but now we have a bunch of spare parts laying around which is always good... :thumbsup

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
awesome!!!

how about the throttle cable? want to rid that?:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I like and hate stupid junkyards. Nice find. I seen a 12v go in the junkyard about a year ago, guy said it wouldn't, buy the time I got to the guy to see if I could buy it it had already been scraped. at the top of the pile. It wasn't there 5mins before it got tore up.The body was in preety good shape, think it was a 95.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Me and a buddy of mine found a beat up 1997 Ram 3500 in a salvage yard, we got the whole truck for $250, complete motor, trans(5 speed), intercooler, etc, etc... We took the whole truck, cut the front end off and gave it back... The rest of the truck was destroyed(It sat for a while, with no windows, after being rolled over)... So the way it works out, got a 913 pump for free... We have the trans sold for $1000 to a buddy of ours, but we can't decide if we should sell the motor or hold onto it and build it, but now we have a bunch of spare parts laying around which is always good... :thumbsup
WOW:thud: Great deal man!:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Good deal!!!!!

Now........DON"T EVER start a thread out by saying you just "got lucky", and then have the opening line say...."me and a buddy........".!!!!!

You had me worried!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Good deal!!!!!

Now........DON"T EVER start a thread out by saying you just "got lucky", and then have the opening line say...."me and a buddy........".!!!!!

You had me worried!!!!
:rof:rof:rof:lol3::rof:rof

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Good deal!!!!!

You had me worried!!!!
:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof Yeah a thread like that would go away:gun2::lol3:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I didn't even think about it...lol...

IC Smoke: I'll check to see if the throttle cable is there and intact today when I get off... I'll let you know ASAP...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One more question... I think I want to have the pump gone through and tweaked a little bit before it goes on the truck... Who would you reccomend as a pump shop??? I'm in Wilmington, Delaware 19808... Thanks, Gavin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts