Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't speak highly enough of this kit. For the money it is the best leveling kit I've seen. $65 shipped with a free t-shirt! Truck rides just as good as it did if not better. The powdercoating on the kit is also very nice. Two thumbs up for HBS. I will post pics later.

·
Registered
929 Posts
i've got that same kit and love it so far...had it in for over 4k miles so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
Looks great. I'm looking into a HBS kit also.

G

·
May I ask a stupid question?

What is this leveling all about? Mine is level already! Or is this a pre-07 thing? I never noticed any rake in my 04 or 01 either.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
It is a spacer that goes between your front coil springs and the upper mount.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

What is this leveling all about? Mine is level already! Or is this a pre-07 thing? I never noticed any rake in my 04 or 01 either.

My truck's nose sat down a good bit as has most of the cummins' I've seen. Austin, the spacer does go between the coil spring and upper mount. Check out HBS_HOME They have install instructions you can look at.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
I can't speak highly enough of this kit. For the money it is the best leveling kit I've seen. $65 shipped with a free t-shirt! Truck rides just as good as it did if not better. The powdercoating on the kit is also very nice. Two thumbs up for HBS. I will post pics later.

is installation as easy as it shows on the website, being that all you have to do is take the shock and shock tower off, then the axle will fall loosely down ( on a hydraulic jack of course ) enough to get the spacer in, jack the axle back up and rebolt the shocks ?

no other work required ?

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
You have to have a front end alignment done I think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a time getting the springs to come out but if you're mechanically inclined you shouldn't have a problem. Biggest thing is how hard the bolts are to get to in the engine compartment. Taking the battery out would have made it alot simpler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You do have to have a front end alignment as well. I didn't get done in time this afternoon to have it done but the truck doesn't pull or do anything out of the ordinary so I don't think it throws it off too bad. Still going to get it aligned in the morning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dont deside against the allingment just because you THINK it didn't hurt anything. I've already made that mistake and i had death wabble like no other. Put my leveling kit on friday and by monday i decided i needed an allingment and longer shocks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'm getting it aligned in the morning. I debated on doing shocks but I'm a little low on funds right now.

·
Registered
491 Posts
mandatory!!!!!

G

·
Huh

I never saw that! This is my 04 with 70K on it. This was last July just before I traded it in for the red flowerpot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See it looks like it sits down in the front to me.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
I just want the 2" lvling kit so I can run 35's.

·
Banned
2,046 Posts

http://www.moparfins.com/images

It's usually put on the 4x4's so they can run larger tires/rims without rubbing. It's usually a precursor to the DW (Death Wobble) unless the whole front end is tight and properly alighned!! JMHO.

·
Banned
516 Posts
has anyone noticed a loss in MPG or is that just a load of BS!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts