Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was bored this morning and decided to put on my egr blocker plates.. I installed them and took the truck for a spin and its a whole lot quieter.. i kinda dont like that :(

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
well, i'd tell you to delete the cooler as well that'll make things a little louder, but you have an 09, we need somebody to be a pioneer if you want to tear into it to figure out how those hoses come off......:not-tagged10000:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which hoses are you talking about? To me everything on this 09 is the same as the previous 6.7's

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
Does the '09 have the intake hose baffle? You could reach in and pull it. You'll hear more of the trubo whine with it out.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
The coolant hoses for the egr cooler are no longer spring clamps like they used to be. They are some form of a push lock hose now. They might just pull right out, but I haven't seen them apart to know. Somebody's got to be the first.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Kurt,

I have used and seen the Push-Lok style fittings before, not on a 6.7L but on other equipment.

They don't like coming off, you either tear the thing off(really hard to do) or cut the hose length-wise to get it off.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Yeah trying to heft that cooler over the studs while attempting to pull it out of those hoses, thats going to be a mother. I think it is going to be best accomplished probably by cutting them like you suggested to get them off, but I won't know until I get somebody that does it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts