Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Just got a 1st Gen

860 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jlds91389
First off im new to the site so hello. Second g-paw(who is really cool by the way) just gave me his 1st gen Cummins. The truck has 265k miles on it and was well takin care of. But i have one thing like has me stumped. I need to know what goes where those three wires are. He said it was some kind of electronic thermostat or something like that. He also said it had like a copper probe on it that went into the ac line. I need all the help i can get no ac in Texas is a bad thing. Will get pics of later
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

This is whats is missing those three wires should be hooked to something and he said there is something that goes into that nipple on that line. sorry if this is a newb question im only 19 and i have owned Mustangs.

· Registered
468 Posts
Temp probe that goes into that hole in the metal tube out of the metering block. Plugs into that black connector on the metering block. Don't know what he cut open in the harness there. Looks like the wires to the compressor clutch, but I don't have a wiring diagram. Probably trying to bypass the metering block there so the compressor never shuts off.

· Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have a part number or name? and if someone could post a pic that would be great.. thanks

I will try to look in the shop manual for a name and maybe a part number, when I have a chance. I'm pretty sure that it is the wiring for the temp sensor for the evap coils, so your coils don't freeze up. I did the same thing on my truck about 4 yrs ago, and the A/C works great. The only thing is, if the coils freeze over, just put it on vent for a few minutes, the ices unfreezes, you turn the a/c on and your good to go. It does not freeze over that often.
If your a/c works, I would leave it, as is, and save some money.
You will know if the coil froze over, if your air circulation drops down and it does not feel as cool in the truck.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i found the part is was missing and putting a entire new compresser on as we speak. since i just got the truck is there anything i should check into/change/ or fix? is there any easy free performance mods i can do? sorry for all the question but im a noob at this truck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.