Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Just gained 2 mpg today

1327 14
So my apps went out the other day, got a new one from JKIDD, put it in, got it adjusted and set, and had to drive 200 miles today. Never thought to check the mpg until about 10 miles from home and when i did, i about crapped myself. I have never seen anything over 14.8 and now its 17.4 and I did nothing different then uasualy.:shock: And I had the cruise set at 70 which used to get me about 13. I jsut got home and am so excited now I want to go just drive around till I have to fill up again.:party018: Just wanted to share is all. 299,965 miles will surpass 300K tomorrow.
Reactions: jkidd
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Hey,

Thats awesome to hear man!!!! It's amazing how much difference a proper running rig makes!!!!!!:party018::party018:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
1,366 Posts
:agree2::agree2::agree2:
It's wonderful to hear a positive solution.:thumbsup:

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah dont worry I still leak about a half a quart of oil every day outta the timing cover, which i may fix this weekend since it is a four day in all.

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
ah dont worry I still leak about a half a quart of oil every day outta the timing cover, which i may fix this weekend since it is a four day in all.
Hey,

How the heck do you get a four day weekend???:confused013::shock:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
2,164 Posts
HEY!!! ME TOO!!! drive up here to nebraska and fix mine too....!!!!! i bought the seals in early november, but im a little bit of a procrastinator

· DieselAutoPower.com
7,491 Posts
Good to hear. Our diesels rely on electronics to even run. So any little thing can affect them.

I need to find out what kinda mileage we're getting in the wife's CRD Libby. I noticed the overhead was saying 34.3mpg yesterday on a trip. I know we've gone ~280 miles and still have over a half a tank.

· COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,556 Posts
ive got the 0122 code--apps sensor, i really dont want to shell out the washigtons for a new one yet, but i really need to. ive notice my MPg's going down to

· Registered
1,366 Posts
I think that jkidd is selling Tinbo APPS at a good price. Try PM him.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a 4 day for Presidents day I guess, and I paid 160 from Jkidd it only took about 40 mins to change and set up. ANd yes I am a procrastanator too thats why I jsut keep adding oil instead of taking the whole front of the truck off. That and it never stopps raining around here either.

· Registered
1,366 Posts

· Vendor
13,007 Posts
Timbo has a great product. I am glad to be a dealer for him. He is A+

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.