Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, as u can see by my sig I had a chance to finish all my mods:thumbsup:and can finaly say that I am happy with the 6.7L. Mini Maxx is a awsome tuner, thank to H&S for a great product. Sinister Cooler delete was a little more time consuming but well worth it..Advice: for removing the EGR cooler, SET OF CROWs FEET wrench set !!! Honestly I could not believe how much SOOT was in the intake horn post the butterfly valve. I was SHOCKED...besides saving the turbo whats the point in running a airfilter with that sh*t going into the engine?:confused013: Anyways all went well and end resault with the 4in stageII w/stock muffler and egr delete = 20mpg on the highway with winter fuel and -26 degrees C. No Drone, Awsome sound AAA+:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Good to hear!!!!! Youll keep loving your truck everytime you drive it. One question..........How many miles did you put on her before deleting everything?????

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Your right, its shocking to think of all that soot and carbon going into this engine and they expect it to last long enough to make us any money after the fact LOL...

Heck my 09' has not been the best truck I have ever had, and I am about ready to pull the plug on it being used to try and make a living with... Its a nice truck and all, its just had to much expensive issues to deal with to try and make a work truck from...

It will serve me well just to run around in, but its never going to make a work truck and not have more expenses to deal with than money it makes... Least what I have to do anyway. Make a hell of a play truck and maybe tow a 5th wheeler or boat ever so often... Forget using it as a haul truck 4-5 days a week 400-500 miles per day...

I will have over 150K on mine by the end of this week, hope to be the last week this truck pulls this route... Really torques my arss when I think about all this too LOL...
The EPA nazi's and the BS the clean air gov't guru's have all working to their like should have to pay me for this truck and all the extra fuel its used that is solely the fault of the emission equipment they think works and we need for this said clean air we get from these motors now...

I would have to demand a cash money transaction though, as I don't think a Gov't check for it, I could use to pay it off LOL... Then again the tax money we gave them already, well that is another deep dark hole I won't go RANTing about on here right now... GuRRRRRR

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear!!!!! Youll keep loving your truck everytime you drive it. One question..........How many miles did you put on her before deleting everything?????
Hi Thornton, I have 112,000 km which is 69,594 miles. To give you a little back ground on the truck. Driving habits which in my case are about a 50/50 split between heavy hauling and city abuse. At 52,000 km the turbo was flushed along with EGR valve etc:doh: 60,000 km the turbo was replaced along with a new DPF:banghead: All I can say is I wish I would have done the deletes sooner. I come to realize the only warranty concerns really on these engine are mainly due to the emissions crap:confused013:And in the long run its money back in my pocket and the stealerships.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your right, its shocking to think of all that soot and carbon going into this engine and they expect it to last long enough to make us any money after the fact LOL...

Heck my 09' has not been the best truck I have ever had, and I am about ready to pull the plug on it being used to try and make a living with... Its a nice truck and all, its just had to much expensive issues to deal with to try and make a work truck from...

It will serve me well just to run around in, but its never going to make a work truck and not have more expenses to deal with than money it makes... Least what I have to do anyway. Make a hell of a play truck and maybe tow a 5th wheeler or boat ever so often... Forget using it as a haul truck 4-5 days a week 400-500 miles per day...

I will have over 150K on mine by the end of this week, hope to be the last week this truck pulls this route... Really torques my arss when I think about all this too LOL...
The EPA nazi's and the BS the clean air gov't guru's have all working to their like should have to pay me for this truck and all the extra fuel its used that is solely the fault of the emission equipment they think works and we need for this said clean air we get from these motors now...

I would have to demand a cash money transaction though, as I don't think a Gov't check for it, I could use to pay it off LOL... Then again the tax money we gave them already, well that is another deep dark hole I won't go RANTing about on here right now... GuRRRRRR
Wow Jeb what is going on here? Your truck having problems?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts