Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i must say this is a MUST do mod. i was kinda skeptical about so i put it off but now i love it!

My rattle from my bully dog is much much better. Only under WOT and its not bad. Also the smoking while driving down the road is gone! It will but out a pretty good cloud it i hit it just right still. And after only 50 miles i can tell a difference in how smooth it runs. Plus the turbo is louder! :peelout
I did have trouble with the dumb little torx screws and having to drill them but oh well!

Just had to post guys!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I just recieved my block off plates today, I am planning on doing the project this saturday. Did you use a torch to heat up the torx screws? I have read where a lot of people were having problems getting those out w/o stripping them or breaking them, but someone said to use a torch to heat the loctite and they would come out. Just wondering if you did try that and it just didnt work. I would really like to find out how to not destroy them.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Guys doing egr deletes:

before taking torx screw out heat them up with heat gun of hair dryer.

This will loosen up the lock tight. :beer

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't read about them screws till after i broke them! lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is it just a matter of block off plates and unplug the harness, or is there more to it. I'm getting tired of how much my truck smokes.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Yes, you must have something to clear soft codes on start up.

Like the Egde w/ Att.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Forgive me in advance l, what is a egr

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Do you have to clear the codes?
Yes, on the Egr Delete only. Egr will put it in limp mode.

The pdf delete with fooler box it just throws soft codes. You will get check engine light.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
G

·
I just recieved my block off plates today, I am planning on doing the project this saturday. Did you use a torch to heat up the torx screws? I have read where a lot of people were having problems getting those out w/o stripping them or breaking them, but someone said to use a torch to heat the loctite and they would come out. Just wondering if you did try that and it just didnt work. I would really like to find out how to not destroy them.
Where can you get the block off plates? I've been working on getting ready for this and a few other MPG mods. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I can help you with the block off plates:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
what kind of benefit does one get from this egr delete and how easy is it to get done
Pm, K2 diesel performance on plates

Reduces soot in the engine and lowers EGT's.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's the best mod you can do to a DPF deleted truck, hands down. The truck runs better, it lowers EGT's and stops the polution in your new Cummins. A must for the long time owner.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are there any disadvantages of this mod(egr delete)? Is soot getting trapped somewhere else? I want to do this mod but it seems that something would "back up" somewhere if you just block something off....

How long does this mod take?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
MOd will take about an hour. Simple to do really. Getting the torx screws out is trouble some for some. As far as the soot, it may plug up the EGR cooler a little but we are working on getting that blocked of as well. Then it all will just go through the Exhaust like its supposed to. The biggest disadvantage is the Fuel knock some experience. I was hearing it for a while but it seems it may have gone away. The true effects of the fuel knock are not known.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts