Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007.5 6.7 auto dodge quad cab 3500. The truck already had a edge juice with attitude and a afe stage 2 intake. Just last night I put the AFE downpipe and DPF delete pipe in along with the DPF-R electronics. Now the truck ran fine going to work, but now it throws a code, the edge cannot recover it? My edge also now does not list tranny temp, engine temp, EGT's are wrong(high) and at idle it shows 8psi of boost. Before the install it was fine.

Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, when the turbo timer is running, pressing the brake pedal does not shut the truck off anymore.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't know what could be wrong, but it seems that throwing codes are hit or miss unless your running a smarty or H&S tuner. Not sure how attached your are to the edge, but it might be worth it to upgrade to H&S or smarty.

·
Registered
273 Posts
H&S or SMarty you cant go wrong. The only ones I would trust anyway

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you both, but I'm very little in on the dpf delete, I dont like the smarty as it offers zero monitoring. The HS is nice but I cant justify the price for a truck that I will sell when I want to. Thought maybe someone had the same issues as me or not.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Why are you using the dpf-r if you have the edge? Both clear codes on start up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had the same issues.....
My truck ran fine for a couple of months then all of a sudden, codes, codes and more codes. Unhooked the batteries for a few hours and it reset everything and worked great again for a months or so......Took it to the place where I bought it and they tinkered with it, but no luck and so I demanded my money back. I bought an XRT and never looked back....Best thing I ever did
Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my understanding was only the edge race deals with removing the DPF. What would I have plugged all the sensors on the frame with?

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
my understanding was only the edge race deals with removing the DPF. What would I have plugged all the sensors on the frame with?
The samething you need to run the dpf-r, egt sims. And set the edge to clear codes on start-up. Either one that you run you still need sims. The regular edge still allows you to run dpf deleted.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
:S::rof .......:thumbsup: Glad to see im not the only one that caught that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:S::rof .......:thumbsup: Glad to see im not the only one that caught that.
welll sheeeit. My bad... haha. soooo what would I do with the DPF module by the trans? Leave it plugged in with the lines still pulled off(as they now have no warm home on the exhaust)?

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can do the smarty and edge cs or cts.It will monitor 8 paramiters and they are no bad in price.I got the jr and it works fine for anything I need for now.If you want more power then yea hthe sr will do it but you better have a trans.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I pretty much always leave the edge on level 1. I tow in stock or tow mode. I dont abuse the truck.

I pulled the DPF R off and did the clear codes on start up business. I put rubber plugs on the DPF module by the trans and hooked that back up. Code free, truck runs great, more power, fuel milage is noticable in the city!!! I am a happy camper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts