Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Just bought another truck

1066 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  dirtymike
This week, I bought this 1999 Dodge from the original owner. I didn't really need another truck but at $7000.00, it was such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up. The truck has been garaged it's entire life, has 117,000 miles on it, and is as close to perfect condition as a 1999 could be. It already had a Fass Titanium 150gph pump, new VP44, DTT valve body. DTT torque converter, Diamond eye turbo back, 5th wheel hitch, and brake controller.

Last night, I installed an Edge Juice with Attitude and a Baldwin BHAF. I then put the truck on my Mustang MD1750 chassis dyno. Since the clutches of the transmission are stock, I wanted to find an Edge HP/TQ setting that would allow the trans to survive. On level 0, it made a corrected 206whp and 455 ft lbs. On level 2, it made 300whp but I didn't get a torque reading. I didn't want to make any more dyno pulls until I install a lockup switch.

Of course, the magic question is, being that I have an after market converter and valve body, how much hp/tq can the stock trans clutches take?

See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Good looking truck. Nice find.
Looks really clean. Good luck with it :thumbsup:
Nice find. As for the clutches go. It's anyone's guess. Drive it till it don't go. Then worry about the tranny. You can keep the edge turned down. It'll last a long time then.
Nice find. As for the clutches go. It's anyone's guess. Drive it till it don't go. Then worry about the tranny. You can keep the edge turned down. It'll last a long time then.
Until I upgrade the auto trans, I don't plan to run the edge any higher than level 2.
Good idea ^^^^. Even if you'd run it on cruise on 5x5 you'd be fine !!! Don't get crazy with it.
wow that engine bay and bed look brand new nice find
Wow, I thought my truck was clean under the hood. Congrats on the new truck.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.