Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Just bought 6" front lift springs

1024 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Blue8allz
Hi i lust bought a pair of skyjacker 6" lift front springs for my 89 4x4 im planning on doing a shackle flip in the rear has anyone ever done a shackle flip and how mucj lift does it give and can i still tow and haul heavy loads any input is appreciated.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
it will give you about 4 inches with the stock shackles. i did it on my ramcharger, but i did a 6 inch drop on the shackle mounts and a like 8 inch shackle.
i plan on doing it to my 89 (or the 77 crew cab im looking into getting and swaping drive trains with my 89) and running 2 inch lift springs and the shackle flip. i dont see any disadvantages to towing.

i might do a load bag set up in the back too for heavier loads

· Registered
372 Posts
im hopping to do this in the next month or two. ill post pictures when i do. there will be alot going on with my truck stay tuned . . .

24v? mechanical injection? crew cab? single cab? time will tell

· Registered
2,570 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well alll this sounds good im gonna do the rear shackle flip get my 4" of lift and i have an add a leaf to put in also so now my onlu questions left are how are my driveline angle going to be and should i get a drop pittman arm and an adjustable drag link and where is the cheepest place to get a link

· Registered
372 Posts
the price for the flip hangers and hard wear was around $280 i think

i was also going to do the drag link and pitman arm, i hadnt looked into that all that uch, i know skyjacker has them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.