Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my FP gauge hooked up to the port on my VP, which was fine, until I got my Airdog 150. When I found out it was a 90 degree elbow, without a fitting in it, I had to disconnect my fitting until I could find a way to adapt it in. I found the parts locally here in Indy at Earls, but I figured someone else is probably going to be scratching their head trying to figure it out like me at first, so I looked up some part numbers on Summit, and figured I'd post them here.
Since my line was half inch, I'll post the PN's for the half inch fuel line.

straight pushlock fitting (x2) AER-FCE1513 (Aeroquip)
inline fuel pressure gauge adapter (x1) EAR-100196ERL (Earls)

I just cut the rubber line in my engine bay, shortly before it went to the VP, and spliced these fittings in like such, and they work great.

Reactions: john5mt

·
Registered
388 Posts
i did the same thing when I installed my FASS!

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
like the pic and a good note to self for when i go and get a new pump...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
DO you get any needle fluctuation with it hooked up this way?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No fluctuation...I"m also running the dipricol isolator in line between the fuel lines and my gauge though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here's what I did on mine.
Here is the part numbers from Summit Racing for 6 AN fittings (3/8" line).
RUS-670343, Russell ProClassic Fuel Pressure Take Off Fittings Fitting, Fuel Pressure Take Off, -6 AN Male to -6 AN Female, 1/ 8 in..
This is the fitting into the injection pump(also the fuel canister): RUS-670511 END METRIC ADAPT #6X12MM 1.5.
You then need a hose adapter(For both ends of your flexible hose): SUM-220711 TWIST-TITE -6 END 90 DEGREE.
I used 2556-6 AEROQUIP 3/8” HOSE SOCKETLESS, from my local injection pump shop.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I ordered a fitting that goes straight into your vp and your hose from your airdog hooks up to it and it has a hole to run your line into on top of it. I can post a part number if anyone needs it. I got it from xtremediesel.com when I ordered my airdog.

·
Registered
134 Posts
? so no one has just used the port on the airdo pump for there sending unit for elec gauge?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I used mine but after a month my guage is no longer working. Would like to know why

·
Registered
321 Posts
I used the port on my Air Dog. Work great for a while, got needle fluctuation and just added a needle valve pre-sending unit. Works great now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ok kewl cause i dont wanna chop the fuel lines to bad its just asking for leaks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts