Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, i have owned my truck for about a month and it is my first diesel. It has 90 km. I immediatly upgraded the transmission with a torque convertor and valve body . it would slip a bit when i got on the gas . The previous owner had done the other mods and i just had a couple questions regarding the truck. First. my truck will hit around 41 psi of boost. Is this ok without headstuds? Second, I currently have a superchips flashpaq tuner that was bought back in 06. would it be beneficial to use a different tuner with what is done to this truck? such as a smarty? this is my first 3500 diesel and am just curious as to what everyone thinks of the mods currently on this truck and if i may be missing something important. im not looking for crazy power but a little bit more wouldnt be bad. I am hoping to keep a little reliability as well as this is my daily driver. thanks very much

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I've hit 44 on my truck and it has stock gasket and bolts. I asked the question in the performance section and a lot of the guys were saying that it was alright because they've hit around 50. But one member was saying anything over 40 and you can stress the bolts or fail the gasket between the cylinders. When I get the cash and time I'll be studing it at least. The smarty is the one tuner that's made for our trucks. A lot of good news and very little bad. Again that's the way I would like to go when I get some cash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts