Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up fellers??
I've been been patiently waiting on the sidelines the past several months just listening to what everyone offers and what is the best bang for the buck. Now I'm ready to buy and 99% sold with H&S. To my understanding 4 and 5 injection occurs during regen. However, my confusion is, if the xrt claims they have turned off the 5th injection timing and turned down the 4th when the truck goes into regen, but yet they claim the truck will not go into to regen anyways, ssoooo..... why even worry about the 4th and 5th injection if the truck won't even go into regen??? Just curious, thanx for any input.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
The eliminate and reduce the injections to improve fuel economy.

R

·
0 Posts
I think he's asking why they don't completly eliminate the 4th one too. I'm not real sure, but my guess is the 4th squirt is needed for something else other than regen.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
I think he's asking why they don't completly eliminate the 4th one too. I'm not real sure, but my guess is the 4th squirt is needed for something else other than regen.
Negative. At the end he says why even bother eliminating the 4th and 5th injection if it won't to in to regen anymore. But I don't feel like argueing. I stick with by first post as being what be was asking for.

R

·
0 Posts
Negative. At the end he says why even bother eliminating the 4th and 5th injection if it won't to in to regen anymore. But I don't feel like argueing. I stick with by first post as being what be was asking for.
No arguements from me. :S::S::S:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
it was posted in another thread that they cut the 5th out and the 4th down as much as they could. In the 4th, if its cut to much the truck ran rough.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Some are saying that there is no 5th injection timing sequence so who knows I dont. Obviously Casey and them know more than I do but it has been discussed that there is not a 5th but the XRT does post the 4th was turned down so either way = better fuel eco

·
Registered
137 Posts
my thinking is that the ECM only delivers the 5th injection and a portion of the 4th when the various sensors tell it a regeneration is needed to clear the DPF. The foolers and new programing keep that from happening

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't think they are going to put all of their research out on the world wide web. No one else has a tuner on the market that does what the xrt can do so I would imagine that they are going to keep what they know to themselves. But I am sure they have minimized or shut off the emissions injections or we would be running very rich. On the other hand some of those injections should not happen with a dpf delete because the computer does not think it needs to regen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No doubt it will give you better fuel mileage!! It just seemed to me that the 4th and 5th injections occured during regen only, and h&s saying they took care of the injection timing and elimated regen just sounded like double talk. If they took care of one problem why worry about the other? however if what 'sking' said is true about the 4th being turned off would make the engine run rough, that makes sense. If that is true, then clearly the 4th injection is part of the power stroke, and the 5th is for regeneration of the dpf. Which would also explain why the 4th is 'turned down'. Hence better fuel milage..! Thanx, that makes sense now. Ur at least it sounds good.... right?? :confused013:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts