Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang!

I was wondering if anyone with an 07.5 auto has updated to the latest June flash. I'd like to know if everything is going Ok, any improvements, etc.

My truck has never had a CEL and I'm almost afraid to even have it touched by a tech. But if this new flash could improve the MPG, I'd be willing to risk it.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
602 Posts
Is there a new flash for the 07.5s? As in newer than the AX?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I thought someone posted in that other really long thread (11 pages now) that an update was availabe for the 07.5s. As I reread it, I guess the post said one should be coming.

:sad2 Sorry for the mix up.

Mike

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey no problem. When I was at the dealership a few weeks ago the service writer said there would be another flash out for the 07s soon, so your post caught my attention.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Would someone tell me what a "flash" is?

Sincerely,

Ignoramus.
Lol. Have to start learning about these trucks somewhere. Better here than the dealer I would say. The simplest way to describe a flash is to compare it to updating your computer. New code is uploaded into your truck's computer that revises what was already in there to change something DC thinks needs changing. For instance, one flash, I don't remember which one, maybe AX? adjusted the frequency and speeds at which the truck's computer, or ECM, would tell the truck to go into regeneration. I guess that kinda explains it. If I'm wrong someone else will speak up.
And of course,
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Lol. Have to start learning about these trucks somewhere. Better here than the dealer I would say. The simplest way to describe a flash is to compare it to updating your computer. New code is uploaded into your truck's computer that revises what was already in there to change something DC thinks needs changing. For instance, one flash, I don't remember which one, maybe AX? adjusted the frequency and speeds at which the truck's computer, or ECM, would tell the truck to go into regeneration. I guess that kinda explains it. If I'm wrong someone else will speak up.
And of course,
Good job Kagan:thumbsup

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kevin,
How old is the AG flash in a 2008? I am getting ready to go on a long trip with the travel trailer and am wondering if I can improve mileage and performance

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Kevin,
How old is the AG flash in a 2008? I am getting ready to go on a long trip with the travel trailer and am wondering if I can improve mileage and performance
I am not aware of an AG flash. I know there is a AO/AP flash and I believe an AQ flash just came out.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
AG flash is an old flash from about last September for the 08's

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks, I think I'll take it to the dealership and tell them it is running funny.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Thanks, I think I'll take it to the dealership and tell them it is running funny.
That's what I have to do in order to get a re-flash:thud:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I got the AU flash with the G30 6-8 months ago. Unless, someone reports a crazy increase in milage and power with a new flash, it is not worth deleting all of my "deleted" items. Still looking for that dealership that does not care.

·
Registered
61 Posts
And of course,
Thanx! I figured that is what it was. LOL!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Glad I could help out! I have to tell them my truck is running weird too. I wish they would just be a little more lax when it comes to something simple like a reflash. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Just a side note has anyone ever heard of a new vehicle that has come out that has so many new flashes. What are we at like 10? One every few months or sooner. Why is the general public the test vehicles for these flashes?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just Why is the general public the test vehicles for these flashes?
They can't recreate every scenario.. Think it was a afterthought w/ the 6.7 since it's worked great in other application's.. figured why not just throw it in a truck w/ new emmission's junk.. how bad could it possibly be... Guess they didn't know what they were in for...neither did we...:CRY:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts