Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like everyone Else is keeping track of my mpg's and i have notested that the higher the setting on my juice w/att. the better my mileage is . the mileage setting is a joke , level 3x5 it was between 14 &16 mpg with very little highway driving and lots of driving like an old lady . this week i had it set on 5x5 drove it live a true Cummings owner black smoking when the time was right , my mileage was 17.5 with no highway driving :thumbsup basically my question is could i be causing any engine damage by long term driving on the highest settings 5x5 , timing issues or any thing else .

·
Registered
223 Posts
i've noticed the same thing.... the milege setting is worthless i think they just put it there so they could say they have 5 settings lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get better miles when im towing... dont ask why i have no idea. I might need a new thermostat maybe. But I use the quadzilla adrenaline and if i run leval 2-3 i seem to get the best milage. If i run all the way on ten i get crappy milage because im flooring it everwhere. I cant help it hahaha

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya i noticed the same with my juice i leave it on 6 and just take it easy well most of the time. with the 200 horse sticks and beating on it i just got 17 mpg and 500 miles to the tank but i tow a 20' car trailer i turn the programer off and just run the injectors and i get 15 mpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
I get the same resault 5x5 is best for me in milage i get atlest 13.5mpg city, and atlest 20+ highway. atlest im not the only one

·
Registered
609 Posts
I run setting 3 in town...and switch to setting 4-5 on the highway and I get about 18 city/ 24-25 highway if I just cruise and not get on it ....I've squeezed out all I think I can get out of it mileage wise...but at $4.10/gal...no cost savings anyways..like I had originally planned when diesel was $1 cheaper.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
do you think keeping it on 5x5 would cause any engine problems ?
if we both weren't men then we'd b fine with 5x5 all the time....but as we both are guys that are always high on testerone, 5x5 means "balls to the walls" full throttle so in reality 5x5 on the juice might not b such a peachy thing:lol3::lol3:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
before i get off subject i do leave mine on 5x5 all the time and i don't notice much of an increase in mileage. but i do notice the mileage being way more consistent:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts