Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, question 200 on this darn box!!

I finally got to taker her out for a few miles and right after I got going the alarm for regen pops on. I had to stop and when I got going again I was sure it would go right into regen so I hit the freeway. After driving 12 miles no regen so I turned around and came home.
When I left for work tonight again, it goes into regen. I was right in town so it was a few miles till the freeway. Before I could get to the freeway it goes back out!

Does this sound normal?? Is there some formula it needs to go to regen?? Kinda made me a little upset when I drove it to regen and it never went in!!

Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
its normal, simple solution get the dpf delete, its more than worth it.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
:agree2::agree2::agree2:

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
yeah it is easy... The dpf needs to hit 1500 degrees for it to go into regen... there are passiave regen, and the full regen. you are most likely seeing the passiave. which happens so you don't see the 70-80% cat full signs on the overhead.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
its normal. Mine did that too, everyday when i was about 2 miles from home cruising a about 40 MPH it would come on. 2x a day minimum.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Compcowboy,

What Percent where you running your MP-8 at with the Edge before your deletes? Sorry for getting off topic...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts