Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been after this truck for a couple years. He finally called me and said come get her. 1993 4x4 dually. Bone stock with 143,800 on the clock. Auto trans ( jumps out of over drive) has a very crappy Macco paint job. Not a flake of rust in the truck. Has 2 small dings in the body. Power everything.
I would like to convert it to a manual and what ever else I need to do to bullet proof her.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what’s the options for wheels for these trucks? I can’t find anything on a google search other then steel wheels.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I do not know what it takes but I have seen the 3rd gen 17in wheels used on the 1st gens. The 4th gen aloca's would look bitchin'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not know what it takes but I have seen the 3rd gen 17in wheels used on the 1st gens. The 4th gen aloca's would look bitchin'.

Single wheel ? I’ve got a dually and it seems to be a design issue and not giving me options

·
Registered
477 Posts
Congrats, my truck was much the same, but my auto was toast. Manual swapped and never looking back!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats, my truck was much the same, but my auto was toast. Manual swapped and never looking back!

Yeah I’m collecting everything now for a manual swap. There’s a manual truck down the street being parted out. But it’s a 2wd. But I’m getting all the pedals and cab goodies off it. My trans is jumping in and out of overdrive

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah I’m collecting everything now for a manual swap. There’s a manual truck down the street being parted out. But it’s a 2wd. But I’m getting all the pedals and cab goodies off it. My trans is jumping in and out of overdrive
It could be something sensor related. If the truck loses the speed sensor, temp sensor, tps, etc for women a moment it can blip out of OD. you can also hard wire the OD to a switch easy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It could be something sensor related. If the truck loses the speed sensor, temp sensor, tps, etc for women a moment it can blip out of OD. you can also hard wire the OD to a switch easy

Yeah I haven’t jumped into that yet. Just turned overdrive off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts