Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this gem up today. 2012 6 speed Laramie, 55k miles. 1 owner grandpa truck. Sheridan Motors is a great group of folks to work with.

Attachments

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, after my first experience of 4th gen torque management, i went out and bought BD throttle booster. I have to say, i dont remember my 08 being that bad even in stock form. but it was dowright scary at some intersections. Step on the throttle leaving a light.....nothing. the lag was flat awe full. Installed the BD Booster and left it on the medium setting. Mad a huge improvement, it will actually reach 75mph by the time i hit the interstate, and i can actually get through an intersection without feeling like a slug.

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MM3 Tuning and Deletes ordered through Dave Mathews. $2300 out the door with a S&B Intake. will be picking up the Sinister throttle valve delete in the mean tim before i get a pusher manifold. Getting quotes right now on a southbend OFEK.

Reactions: Wyo George

·
Wyoming BAMF
1,709 Posts
How are you liking the 4th gen compared to the other trucks you have ran? I keep wanting to come back to the Ram, but i still kinda like this 16 powerstroke i have AND it's almost paid for lol....

·
Registered
827 Posts
Don't get the full egr delete if you're getting a pusher intake... just get the manifold caps and water stuff. Mine was already deleted but after what I know now, I wouldn't buy a egr delete kit. I welded the standpipe shut, just above the heater water tee and plugged the head. Then I drilled the heater water nipple out from 1/4 to 3/8", just like before the cooled egr days. I checked jacket psi and temps, before and after, with gauges and TCs and psi and temp were the same ,front and rear. Drilling out the heater nipple dropped the jacket psi from 63 to 53 max. You can save a chunk if you only get the manifold caps. I slao used a $100 Chinese Pusher copy and smoothed out the welds, myself. Craig

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How are you liking the 4th gen compared to the other trucks you have ran? I keep wanting to come back to the Ram, but i still kinda like this 16 powerstroke i have AND it's almost paid for lol....
its night and day different to my 3rd gen. rides smoother, better seats, bigger cab. it still rides like a dodge(hard to beat the ride of a super duty). but im stubborn and refuse to buy an automatic behind a diesel, so ill stick with Ram's :)

Don't get the full egr delete if you're getting a pusher intake... just get the manifold caps and water stuff. Mine was already deleted but after what I know now, I wouldn't buy a egr delete kit. I welded the standpipe shut, just above the heater water tee and plugged the head. Then I drilled the heater water nipple out from 1/4 to 3/8", just like before the cooled egr days. I checked jacket psi and temps, before and after, with gauges and TCs and psi and temp were the same ,front and rear. Drilling out the heater nipple dropped the jacket psi from 63 to 53 max. You can save a chunk if you only get the manifold caps. I slao used a $100 Chinese Pusher copy and smoothed out the welds, myself. Craig
for ease of simplicity i just got the egr kit and a TV delete for now. Now that i sold my place in Gillette and live in town in Rock Springs, i have no place to work on it, so im going to take it in to Addicted Diesel and have them install everything along with a south bend clutch and Hydros

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its night and day different to my 3rd gen. rides smoother, better seats, bigger cab. it still rides like a dodge(hard to beat the ride of a super duty). but im stubborn and refuse to buy an automatic behind a diesel, so ill stick with Ram's :)

Strictly because you like to shift?
Pretty much.

And i'm sour on Auto's behind diesel's. Ive had an Allison fail behind a stock LLY, ive had a 47 and a 48 fail behind a stock 5.9, and ive had a 4r100 fail behind a 7.3. Ive never had a manual fail behind any diesel lol. just my personal vendetta i guess. :stirpot:

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some metal fell off during a creek crossing yesterday. seems to run better.think ill leave it that way. Ordered some Thuren Overland shocks to replace the hardass stockers. Installed a Magnum headache rack. ready for summer camper towin season!

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

for ease of simplicity i just got the egr kit and a TV delete for now. Now that i sold my place in Gillette and live in town in Rock Springs, i have no place to work on it, so im going to take it in to Addicted Diesel and have them install everything along with a south bend clutch and Hydros
'
FYI Addicted quoted me $2600 for a clutch. i said no thanks.

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some metal fell off during a creek crossing yesterday. seems to run better.think ill leave it that way. Ordered some Thuren Overland shocks to replace the hardass stockers. Installed a Magnum headache rack. ready for summer camper towin season!
picked up 2mpg towing, and 2 mpg highway. changing fuel filter tonight should help. still running stock clutch on tow tune, jsut being gentle. will need a clutch at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts