Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of injector nozzles that were given to me when I bought my truck. I thought they were Edge Jammer Series Stage 3 Nozzles but the part #ISBJN003 didn't match. After doing some more research I found them to be Diesel Dynamics Jammer Series Stage 3 Nozzles. From what I can find Diesel Dynamics makes the Nozzles for Edge Products. I guess the difference is that the Nozzles I have are a higher quality dual spring Nozzle. Does anyone know what that really means? I keep hearing that Edge Nozzles run hot. What makes them run hot? Will my Nozzles also run hot or are they truly a higher quality Nozzle? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:banghead:

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
are they 8 hole?

never heard of a dual spring...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If they are 8 hole, 95% chance that they will run hot and smokey. Poor atomization and spray angle.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My stage 1 Jammers are significantly better in all respects than my stock injectors; smoother, at least 1 more mpg and more power.

They don't smoke unless I turn up my adrenaline and I've never been able to get them over 1150 towing 10K, up mountains at 65mph with the stock turbo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are they 8 hole?

never heard of a dual spring...
Yeah, it's 8 hole. I don't understand the concept of the dual spring, that's just what I was told it was. I was also told they were more than twice the cost of the Edge Jammer Nozzles. That's the extent of my knowledge on the situation. I just would like to have a better understanding of what I'm about to put in my truck.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I have the edge stage 4's and they arent smokey unless you put your foot in it and also my egt's dont go over 1100deg with factory turbo at 37psi with hx40dp. From what I can tell if they are just nozzels, than all they are are the nozzels and plungers - no prings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have the stage 3 edge jammers and its not very smokey at part throttle but at wide open on power level 6 on the edge the egts want to run at about 1400 degrees

·
Registered
36 Posts
i ment to say that the egts want to run about 1600 at wide open throttle on power level 6

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
my edge jammer stage 5 nozzels only have a number 5 on them, does anyone know if this is a true jammer nozzel?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Jammer injectors have the stage number etched into the nozzles.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jammer injectors have the stage number etched into the nozzles.
The number must be on the "Edge" Jammer Series Nozzles. My Jammer Series Nozzles are Diesel Dynamics and do not have a number on them. They are still in the box that says Stage 3, otherwise I would have to measure the hole size. I know Diesel Dynamics had something to do with Edge Injectors, weather they designed them, manufactured them or what I don't know. I also know that the two are different, but I don't know what the difference is. That's what I'm trying to find out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm hoping to install them this weekend. We'll see how they run. Hopefully they will smooth out my Hot VP.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:party018:Well, so far they do just what I expected. With my Edge turned down to 1/1 it's stronger than it was with stock nozzles at 5/5. At that setting it doesn't get too hot. I can get it up to 1500 if I stand on it and give it some time. On 5/5 there's smoke and it really pulls. I use to peg the turbo at 30 lbs. Now I'm not sure where it pegs because the egt alert covers the screen at 1500 as it hits about 36lbs. The only thing I'm not sure of is with it set at 5/5, if I let out the clutch without giving it throttle, it hesitates, almost like a miss, but then it smooths right out. The hot vp actually idles smoother now then it did with the stock nozzles. The stock nozzles had a lot of carbon build up on them after 100,000 miles, is that normal? Some of them had a bluish tint to them, like they got hot, but not all of them. Not sure why some would over heat and some wouldn't. Everything else seemed clean and came apart with relative ease. So clearly my HX35 is inadequate. Time for a new turbo,:shock: or TWINS!!!

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
well, sounds like you got it all. I think im goig to trade im my xzt+ and g with a edge comp. so hopefully I can get the ame responce as you, but I havea turbo rated for 525hp, so it will do a tad better maybe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My injectors had a ton of build up as well. I think a lot of it had to do with excessive idleing in sub zero temps. I would definitely get a 0-60 or 0-100 boost gauge though. I only had a 0-35 and I'm pretty sure I was way beyond that while I had the hx35.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a pillar mounted EGT and 0-30 boost gage. The Attitude monitor has both and then some. That doesn't do much good when I have an alert covering up the readings. You're probably right, I should switch the 0-30 to a 0-100, or at least 0-60. I plan on getting head studs when I get my Turbo set up, don't think I'll need more than a 0-60.:drool2:

·
Registered
424 Posts
With the jammer 5's I'm pretty sure I was at around 50-60lbs of boost on the hx. My Super B isn't much bigger, but I can hit the wastegate at 42lbs damn quick with fuel to spare. Could explain why the headgasket started leaking a little while later.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
DSNIPER22 I hae almost the same setup, but m going to try and get my edge comp before scheids this year, Im hoping to have close to the same numbers.

·
Registered
424 Posts
DSNIPER22 I hae almost the same setup, but m going to try and get my edge comp before scheids this year, Im hoping to have close to the same numbers.
I can't see why you wouldn't get better #'s than I hit. I don't wanna blow my little turbo so its set at 42lbs and you have a SO pump over my HO. If you're getting a comp, make sure that you get the drag comp. Big difference at 2700rpm+. Good luck on the dyno.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts