Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 3500 with a jake brake. The vacuum pump went out shortly after I bought it so I took it off and just put a fatory belt back on since I really do not need the jake brake. My question is do I need to do anything else to bypass this alltogether? What about the exhaust down pipe right off the turbo, when excellerating I can hear a flapper in the pipe. Do I need to get a factory down pipe or is this ok? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That's an exhaust brake. They do offer a fully functional jake brake for the 6.7's. the differenece between the brakes is a jake brake opens the exhaust valves on the compression stroke, an exhaust brake just creates back pressure. You may need the holset elbow

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
If you wanted you can replace the butterfly valve with the stock cast iron piece but i dont think you have too.

You can typically get cheap vacuum pumps from cummins. I think i paid less than 200 from my local cummins dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.