·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I decided to paint the comp housing to match my CCV cover. The finish turned out better than expected

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

467 is in. Also got the oil drain fixed up how I wanted

Ran it on the tune I'd been using with my s480, and the result was less overall power, higher smoke output, and it didn't like such a high shift point. Now though I've back the duration down quite a bit, and I've gotten it to the faintest of hazes on a 3200us tune

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Truck parts Thursday. Firstly a stubby antenna from cravenspeed. I already had one, but I decided to get one that had the trucks name written on it

Then I got my Hamilton extreme duty pushrods in. Decided to compare them to their 12 valve counterparts (12v left, 24v right)

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I got my springs, and pushrods installed this weekend with some help from ehgentorange . While I had it torn down to do it I did a retorque of the studs, and found a few that had loosened a bit, so I'm glad I decided to do it. Doing the valve set was a little tricky, and to make sure I did them right I ended up doing each of them 2-4 times (they got super tight with the new stuff in there. Some of them required 3+ turns out before the spring decompressed)

I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect or I'm crazy, but the truck feels a little stronger running with the new parts

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
After some thorough testing I've confirmed that I do indeed need traction bars. This wheel hop is rather annoying

Reactions: 598Malibu

·
Yes Really
1,031 Posts
Are you going to do the bolt on style or the weld ons?

And also what brand? I'm just gathering ideas for the future!

Great info and build so far.

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've been looking at flight fabrications ladder style. I'm not sure how I want to mount them. I'm open to suggestions on which is preferred

·
Yes Really
1,031 Posts
I like the GDP ladder bars myself. I like the look a little better. But I think either one would be perfect.

I know for sure after the second gen swap I'm getting a pair because I know myself and I won't be able to be easy on the go pedal!

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well went to Edmonton Saturday for the diesel drags, and since there was a dyno I decided to see what she'd lay down. Numbers were a bit low, and I overheard there was a duramax that ran 60hp low. I did still break the 500whp mark on a 3200us tune though with the truck in 4th. Rail pressure has become an issue as well, as it won't hold anything over 20k on that tune

http://youtu.be/DOaqxzo50Fs

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Haha I wish. Right now my money is going towards wheels and tires. If there were some awesome people that would sponsor me then I'd for sure do a twin cp3 kit

·
Registered
371 Posts
Awesome truck man. That angle of that dyno pic makes your truck look looooonnnng. Do you need two spaces when you go to the store? Haha.

I hope to do some valve train mods like you in the future. Do you think they were worth the cost?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks man. I've got another video from further back, and it looks even longer

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So I can't remember if I mentioned this, but during my 2nd gen swap I arced out a wrench between the feed line and the passenger positive terminal. Well after that the terminal kept corroding. Picked up some terminal cleaner, and it's not so bad now. I looked at it good tonight, and it turns out I melted a hole in the battery

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Don't they say to disconnect both batteries when doing that sort of thing?? :hehe:

Just flipping ya crap.

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I had had the batteries disconnected. The worst part was I was loading a new tune when it happened, and it caused it to cancel mid way through. Long story short 3 ECM flashes happened that night

·
Ducati M.
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I haven't yet no. I'm strongly considering contacting them to see about renting the dyno for a bit to see if I can get the most out of my setup

21 - 40 of 277 Posts