Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, installed J/A about a month ago and truck ran fine. Last weak driving down the highway truck seemed to lose power and I noticed my egt's were like 700 one minute and then drop down to a low of 92. Got home and notced that the positve connection on the drivers side battery was loose so I replaced the end yesterday. Now today the truck ran great for a while but started idling rough and the egts were constantly at 100-200 degrees and seems to be back to stock power. Meanwhile not throwing any codes. Anybody had any similar problems or have any ideas. thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
have you tried disconnecting both batteries and then reconnecting them?

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
mine did the same thing, egts stayed low, then one morning i noticed a little power loss, went home let it idle, idle dropped check engine light came on, it was a p2149 which is fuel injector group 2 circuit harness open, mine had a bad fuel injector harnes on the juice would have been my guess, i took it off, and the truck ran fine, so right now its at edge being fixed... :thumbsup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boost #'s seem to be normal, 7-8 psi and 70mph. I noticed in the morning my egt's are ok until I get off the highway after about 7 miles. When it comes down to idle at the stop, the egt's become erratic. Then on the way home my egt's are erratic the whole way. Then also when I get into the throttle a little bit, it sounds like its missing when it comes back down to idle again. I don't know what the deal is because it doesn't throw any codes and I don't even know where to start looking so any suggestions would be very helpful at this time. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts