Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak up by the break unit against the firewall that the hoses from the pwsteering pump tie into and the master cylinder connect to. I cant find the leak. I lose ps fluid like crazy. Everything is coated. I wash it off and run the truck and still cant find exactly where it is leaking at. I think I have air in my lines now. I have steering, just no breaks. Is there a breakdown of the parts there or some website I can look at to find the name of the unit. Anyone know about how much one of these run and the best place to buy one. I think all my hoses are ok, havent been able to find the leak yet though.:CRY:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The leak is between the master cylinder and the hydro boost unit. I'm leaking steering fluid. Is there a gasket to replace or the whole unit? Need info fast, I go back to work tonight.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I don't know about rebuilding the booster unit. I think it has super high pressure nitrogen in the little cannister. Probably dumping right under the mating surface between the two. I think the booster units are readily available, but I suspect expensive.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a unit for $595. Thank God for friends in the parts houses. The first price was $950 from Dodge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts