Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 12 valve block in a 24 valve truck, whats the trick to getting the oil pressure sensor to work?.. the block is a 10x1.00 thread and the sensor is a 14x1.50 thread and noone ive talked to (napa or a hydrolic supply) can help me out in any way, other than a mechanical gauge and thats not really what i want.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got one, just dont know how to get the sensor to hook up to the wiring harness seeing how i cant get it in the block and the 12 valve sensor is a different electrical plug.. can i just thread a 12 valve sensor in and wire it to the wiring harness even though the 12v has 2 prongs and the 24v has 3 prongs on the plug?

·
Premium Member
16,205 Posts
If I'm following you right the the 24 valve sensor is bigger.
Could you just drill out the sensor port on the block and tap it to the bigger size?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would think you could braze the threaded portion of the 12 valve sensor onto the 24 valve sensor...?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think you could braze the threaded portion of the 12 valve sensor onto the 24 valve sensor...?
idk possibly just wouldnt want that to break on me or leak oil.. really wanted a fail safe way todo it.

·
CO President
2,642 Posts
Cant find and adapter from the smaller thread to the larger? Odd I know mine has a oring face to pipe thread adapter.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i cant seem to find the right adapter:banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts