Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback.

When I had my leveling kit installed i had them put in some pro comp ES9000's. they are a pretty decent shock whenever i go wheeling. problem is i spend majority of time on pavement, where these shocks are lame. i feel every bump and pot hole in my spine.

I know alot of people have Bilstein 5100's. how do you like them. are they comfy on road?

the other shock i'm looking at is the Rancho XL's. a freind has them and i've ridden in his truck and its a huge difference.

the only difference that has me worried. the Rancho's are adjustible, the Bilsteins are not.

any thoughts/ anybody used them. let me know what i should put on next.

thanks for the help.

Steve:hyper:

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how are they on road? i'm looking for something thats soft enough to keep the girlfriend quite, yet stiff enough i dont bottom out when i wheel. thanks for the tip

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Procomp stuff sucks IMO. Their stuff is overpriced as well. Rides rough, doesn't flex well, etc. I'd go with Bilsteins.

·
Go sharpen your hooves!
669 Posts
well i will say they are smooth...but...(i'm going by my dads truck 04.5, he has them) his truck has a set of KORE leveling coils on it, and a Lorenz minipack in place of the rear overload. Still, there is very minimal rebound, you hit a bump bounces once and thats it...no hopping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts