Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my rig is out of commision. I was diving home from my Tech school, (about a 30 mile drive straight home) hit a bump with my front passenger side wheel, and it broke loose, luckly it didnt fall of but from their on it was so bad I had to go 15mph all the way home. So I riped off the wheel, and it looks like it just goin to be a wheel beaing. Anybody got any tips for me?:popcorn:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Tips? I dont know what tips to give, its pretty straight forward. Be clean, dont get crud and crap in the new bearing, make sure you pack the grease well, and dont drink so much that you awake Monday to discover that you never actually finished it!

I hate when something goes out on you and your forced to fix it on the terms of the parts, not when you have time to deal with it. Sorry dude!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It could be alot worse. Try taking off a hub assembly off from a 94 up. I would much rather change our stile of bearings. Much cheaper also. The last hub assembly I did had to come off with a torch.

·
Banned
393 Posts
A buddy of mine in highschool lost his tire in rush hour traffic after classes...he was runnin 38's, the tire came off completely, ran across 4 lanes of traffic, jumped a curb took out 4 mail boxes, then ran down a storm drain for about a hundred yards...lol Rotot dug about 2 inches into the assfalt

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
must ba a new type of asphalt :lol3:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
im pretty sure he meant that the brake rotoR dug into the ASPHALT, anyway, i had that happen on my 93 chev, only the balljoint got ground off and not the rotor

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So yea, its been 2 weeks and still notin!!! I fell like a lost soul with out my truck. If anybody has any clue on where to get one let me know. I need one fast.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
A wheel bearing?

Autozone, Kragen/ Checkers, the dealer, NAPA...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Are we missing some info? If its a wheel bearing and thats all just go to any auto parts store and get one like begle says.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hell, NAPA had all the parts for my front end in stock. A-Frames included. (Complete rebuild year and a half ago before I painted the truck)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it wasnt just the bearing, it ruind the hub.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have tried NAPA and Dodge dealer, the part is discontinued, the junk yards my best bet, but so far Iv tried 4-5 and still notin. Does anyone think I can swap in a new front axle?

·
Registered
231 Posts
A whole new axle.... that would be expensive and i think unecessary, but surely you can find a rotor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts