Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some serious blow by. All over my tail gate and drivers side.:doh:
Started removing stuff last night and got my crossover tubes out minus #4/6. Went to Sears looking for an offset 19mm and 25mm,, no luck. When I got home dinner was ready and ran out of daylight. Today I'm looking get the injectors out and the rest of the tubes then send them off. I'm still torn between taking the head off to see if the cylinders are scortch... :whyme:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nice,, I had taken my truck to the dealership for sporadically dieing. They said they took all my injectors out, tested them and they're all shot. Told them to put it back together and I took it home, changed the fuel filter and she ran like a beast for the next 40k miles. Today I pull the injectors and out of the 12 bolts that hold the injectors in, 8 were finger loose. thanks

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You'll find that as soon as you loosen one side of the hold down there is no pressure on the other side. Thus it looks like half of them are loose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm, maybe but #2 and #4 I could remove both without the ratchet. Just put the socket and ext on there they they spun right out.

Well I'm stoked, just sent injectors off to James Trans Tech for possibly(most likely) Flux 1 upgrade. I know it's very mild but I'm excited and hopefully only 1 or 2 at the most are bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 cracked, 4 needs rebuilt

on a happier note, I'm building my own fuel filter water separator unit, all from info gathered here for a fraction of the cost :party018:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts