Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i tryied to diy a dpf bye bye but no luck ...470's in the egt plugs drove it to work today and every 3 miles the ohc kept saying cat full .. when i got home logged on here and realized i forgot to put sims in the black box next to the tranny so i put a 100/380in that plug ...thats when crap hit the fan:banghead::banghead:..truck had no power plus it would surge at 1500 rpm in park get going 60 mph and punch it no kickdown gear nuthinjust fell on its face..so i flip floped the 100/380 still nuthin ......the dpf is now back on my truck:whip::banghead::doh::S: i got a p242f and a p1451 both were a pain to clear
guess i will have to buy an over priced piece of pipe and and electronics from a shop...aka a deletekit............
how ever last night when i "test"drove man the power that unleashed is un real:headbang:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
330 OHM works better in the 3 spots along the exhaust.

sounds like you threw your truck into reduced power mode. had that happen to me once, have to bring it to dealer to clear. I also had the 1451 code. If you have a programmer that clears codes, yuo should beable to go without a PS fooler on the tranny

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no programer just a matco tools scanner/scope tried 330 still no luck just have a hard time spending over a grand for 50$worth of crap

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Take it easy. slow down.
It sounds like you may have pot the 110/390 in backwards.
Try this:
All 3 EGT foolers- 330 Ohms
The PS fooler 110/390 (watch the pins)
O2 sensors installed and connected
Turn the key on. Do not start.
Read codes. Then clear the codes.
Turn the key off. Pull Key.
Put key back in, turn on. REad/Clear codes again.
Then start.
See what that does for you.
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Take it easy. slow down.
Try this:
Then start.
Very good advise bro :thumbsup:

James
RSD

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ive never seen it mentioned on here ever.

BUT I was getting 8-11 codes on my pmt and 8 on my hand held code reader and they would never go away. I disconnected my battery's for a while and when I re connected them I finally got just the egr code that everyone gets!

That is all I did and it made that big of a diff. Most of my codes were not real codes but they came up with the pmt and my scanner so they were there.

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
sounds like your just using the wrong resistors for both parts, go back to the 330's, why do people keep putting 470's in anythread that says that needs to be deleted or changed seems nothing but problems with them, I dont have resisters in the pressure sensor yet, sometimes I get the overhead sometimes I dont its a hit and miss deal keep trying you will get it. Also right now you have any codes that are active and wont clear if so the star scan will have to clear them if not your still good and can still fix it.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
i have badp gen 1 fooler box for sale haha let me know

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
i thought the higher( 470 ) resistors made the temp signal lower, (1080 degrees) and the 330 higher(1260 degrees) wouldnt the 470 be better or are the temps to far from what they should be

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
i thought the higher( 470 ) resistors made the temp signal lower, (1080 degrees) and the 330 higher(1260 degrees) wouldnt the 470 be better or are the temps to far from what they should be
you want the temps to read higher so the computer will not put the truck in regen, if it sees the temps are hot enough it will burn itself off thus they tell you highway speeds to burn it out, using the 470,s makes it read to low so the computer sometimes will want the truck to regen, there just borderline and seems to many problems now if you put the probes back in your exhaust your fine, but if leaving them out then go with 330's

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have 470s in mine and my truck has never tried to go into a regen.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I have 470s in mine and my truck has never tried to go into a regen.
Same here. 470s have worked well in my truck for many months now. It seems that some trucks work well with the 470 ohm combination and some will only work with the 330 ohm setup...but the 330 ohm setup seems to work for all trucks. My thinking was that if you can use the lower EGT 470s to keep it from regenerating it would be better. Without proper testing tools I am not sure if there is even a difference in how the engine runs between the different resistor choices for this mod. Maybe someone can do a dyno test to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would like to throw this in, just food for thought. I ran the same set up, 330 resistors on mine for a while, it worked great, but around 40,000 miles it did not matter that the computer was being fooled. The DPF timers are what bit me in the butt, when the computer decides it is time to regen , guess what? it does not make any difference what resistor you try and fight it with, if it cant regen and see the temps that it needs to tell the computer that it is through the cycle, you get stuck in LIMP MODE and there is no way out other than the star scan or XRT. I choose the XRT now its fine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Take it easy. slow down.
Try this:
Then start.
well what pin is the 100 supossed to be in ...i read put 100/390 in the center then the other legs into the other slots

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
well what pin is the 100 supossed to be in ...i read put 100/390 in the center then the other legs into the other slots
3 pins.
110 from pin 1 to pin 2
390 from pin 2 to 3
Pin 2 would be where the 2 go together. If you put them in reversed the result is the symptoms you stated.
Go to the thread in my signature and go down a few posts til you see the picture of how to connect them up. :thumbsup:

·
Kansas Cummins Crew
761 Posts
I'm just listening in........... Good luck.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts