Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
rghnck
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry the pics are bad.. camera was kinda foged up..
The wife is ok, She hydroplaned on 45 south. Hit the cement divider then bounced across to the other side where the truck hit and finially came to a stop. As it sits, I think from the radiator out is gone.. the upper and lower control arms and crush supports on the end of the frame are bent.. both panels and the hood.. rear bumper and pass side of bed are bent..

If anyone knows of or has a donor truck im looking )

also.. we were able to crank it and load it on a trailer after the pics were takin.. so thank god the motor is ok )

·
HI
3,444 Posts
sorry about your truck man. as long as she is ok. the truck can be replaced. it souldnt be to hard to find a doner truck. good luck in your search.

·
SuperDuperMod
3,938 Posts
ouch! soory to hear that man.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
:CRY: Sorry about your truck, maybe the Ins co will total it out and sell it back. The good thing is that your wife is okay. :thumbsup And a lot of that is the truck took the beating.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Hydroplaning is a very scary event. Driving on interstates at night in the rain winds me tighter than an 8 day clock.

Glad the wife is OK.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
:agree2: I wrecked my older nice Nissan 240sx with 1 month old SR20DET swap when I was younger due to hydroplaning. Glad as is well though!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glad the wife is ok, hydroplanning sucks. After less then a year of driving I went on a trip to East TN in the fall and was leaving my friends house and did a 360 coming down a hill at about 15mph, luckly I stopped but almost had to change my pants. Hopefully the truck will either be fixed or total so you can be back in the driver's seat again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
that sucks. 45 is so brutal when it comes to draining off water.

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
How fast was she going to hydroplane an 8K truck?

How is the tread on those tires?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well the good news is that moma's alright. Plus when she does it, she does it right. I bet they will probably total it, I had a 98 with less damage than that, that they totalled.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
How fast was she going to hydroplane an 8K truck?

How is the tread on those tires?
Honestly it doesn't take much to hydroplain anything. I've done it in a little sports car and just as easily in my old D-Max and current truck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
OUCH...man am I sorry that happened - I'll bet she was scared to death. We get really attached to our trucks but in the end the steel is sacrificial and the people are all that matters.
I'll bet you can pick up another truck pretty easily right now - too many people are seeing $4.0x/gallon and not figuring out that if your mileage is 25% better and your fuel only costs 18% more, you still win. A co-worker just bought an '08 mega 6.7 4x4 for nothing in Tomball (according to him.)

·
rghnck
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx everyone..

I left out the best part... while gettin the truck ready to load.. i cut my thumb open ( had to run and get stiches :w:

she was only goin about 35 or 40... the rubber is decent just crappy roads..

hey chuck the intake is untouched )
The Icebox not only works awesome but it can take a lick...

·
Registered
993 Posts
Jeez. Nothing like bad luck. Glad the wifes allright .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts