Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is a 2005 3500 A/T trans. It has Banks six gun w/speed loader ,Intercooler ,air horn, exhaust upgrades, air intake upgrades ,and FP150 Air Dog pump. I drove the truck with a scanner attached and a manual fuel pressure gauge to check supply fuel pressure. During the test the supply fuel pressure remains at a constant 19 psi, so I know that the pump is good and the filters are clean. The high side fuel pressure is a different story. Under light acceleration the pressure goes from 5,000psi at idle to 19,000 psi at cruising speed (40 - 80 mph) and holds all day long. Its when you load it, even slightly , the pressure drops to 4,000 psi. It drives like a car with a slipping clutch. It is also harder to start than before, turns over twice as long. So far I have replaced the fuel control actuator FCA, and also the fuel rail assembly which has a new rail pressure sensor and a rail pressure relief valve. No change as of yet, and it doesn't give any trouble codes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If your pressure is dropping of like that in your CP3 when you get on it and you have stock fuel system you could possibly have issues with your cp3 being faulty

Reactions: plymouth1962

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
power restored

I changed the cascade overflow valve item # F-00N-200-798 at Geno's garage .When I pulled the original one it was stuck open and dumping all the fuel from the AirDog to the return line. So thanks everybody for the help and full power is restored for around 40 bucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test the injector return flow and CP-3 return flow to see if you have some bad components.
I changed the cascade overflow valve item # F-00N-200-798 at Geno's garage .When I pulled the original one it was stuck open and dumping all the fuel from the AirDog to the return line. So thanks everybody for the help and full power is restored for around 40 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.