Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi CF! I know this may seem like a dumb question but here I go. I installed and mounted my Isspro EV2 rail pressure gauge using the Isspro harness and the gauge isn't getting a reading/movement. All I have hooked up to the orange plug is the green and black wires from the harness. Does the gauge need the wire from the trucks ignition for the gauge to work? I was under the assumption that the 3 additional wires hooking up to the gauge from the trucks ignition,dimmer and ground was just for the gauge lighting. I double checked the Isspro harness as I read that those could be mistakenly installed wrong. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Directions indicate what wire is what... why not hook them up like isspro says?
Haha...thanks. No where does it say that I must hook up those other wires for the gauge to operate. If so why weren't they included in the kit. My Autometer turbo gauge doesn't need power from my truck to operate. Only needs power and other wires for illuminating.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help, I assumed that if those wires were needed they would've been included with the wire harness like the Autometer gauges did. I guess the difference between my boost gauge and rail pressure garage is the boost is a mechanical gauge and the RP is electric. I'll head out to pick up some 16 gauge wiring.

Reactions: 02smokin

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll check again but I also moved while in the process of installing my gauges and somehow ended up misplacing the factory harness adaptor so I'm imagining the other wires are hanging out with the harness wiring...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks,I guess I'll be ordering that harness as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.