Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
It also needs a ground...to satisfy basic electronics. Read the directions.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just installed an new fuel pressure gauge...It does say to hook up all of the wires. There is no breakdown of only install x wire for x functions. It says hook up power, ground, and your data input wires. Why would you think to not hook up all of the wires like the directions say?

·
Registered
58 Posts
From the instructions:

"Connect the red, orange and black wires to the orange connector as described above, in positions 1, 2,
and 3 respectively. Slide the white dust cover over the orange connector once the wires are securely
installed. NOTE: The gauge backlighting will only illuminate if both the ignition supply AND the
backlighting circuits are on."

Reactions: tryNto

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the help, I assumed that if those wires were needed they would've been included with the wire harness like the Autometer gauges did. I guess the difference between my boost gauge and rail pressure garage is the boost is a mechanical gauge and the RP is electric. I'll head out to pick up some 16 gauge wiring.
That gauge should have come with a black, orange, and red wire. I have wire out the yazzoo with from my gauges. Look in your packaging again. It should be coiled up and wrapped with painters tape in the box with the gauge.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Or you can order the r72022 dimmer harness. Because of those I have now 6 loops of those red/orange/black wires laying around. I like the dimmer because I like having my gauge backlighting on all the time, but not full brightness.
I never really understood the dimmer harness. I have my wired to my dimmer switch and the gauges dim with the rest of my indash gauges. Ive wondered if I was I was supplying less power to the gauges...but they dim and no issues so far.

Reactions: brooklyn 12
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.