Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Isspro Gauges

1173 11
Alright last fall i bought vulcans isspro EV series gauge kit and it had a mechanical fuel pressure gauge and i have had nothing but trouble i had alot of trouble with that pos ends and had a guy that used them to do 100+ psi things and had no trouble and he had trouble. After ever 2 months it will start ticking very annoying and i have to refill the isolater with windshield fluid and it will work fine. I looked for leaks and can not find any. under the gauge there is dust so it doesn't drip there so i have no clue where it goes. Now my question is does isspro make a electrical fuel pressure gauge that would match them? If so i am going to buy ASAP because i fixed it again and it is just ticking after 50 miles. What a POS!! srry about the rant i am just getting fed up.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
my fuel pressure gauge does the exact same thing, what dd you do to fix it, i tryed a few diff things but couldnt seem to be able to find out where the ticking is coming from or how to get rid of it, i guess im not the only one out their with this pob then.

· Premium Member
2,153 Posts
It's the isolator. I've gone thru two of them. When I installed mine, the isolator was no good. Had a new one sent and installed it and all was well. Less than a year later, it also went out. I am going to do the same thing SilverCummins is going to do and replace it with an electrical unit unless someone knows of a better isolator.

· Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im thinking of getting a stainless braided line and running it from the isolater to the gauges so i know it won't leak and see if that solves it and if it doesn't i will try a new isolater and if that doesn't work im running it with just the line straight to the gauge

· Premium Member
2,153 Posts
I'm considering running a line direct with a valve at the engine. The valve would be for dampening but also for turning the line off in case of a leak.

Stan

· Not like the others......
3,923 Posts
I'm considering running a line direct with a valve at the engine. The valve would be for dampening but also for turning the line off in case of a leak.

Stan
That's what I did. That's what alot of guys do.
I used stainless braided line with AN fittings, pretty hard to screw that up or get a leak.

I put a needle valve on the pump to shut it off if I get a leak and to dampen the vibration. My needle valve broke a few weeks ago, so when I put a new one on I'm gonna put a snubber before the valve this time. It vibrates so bad that it would vibrate the valve open if I didn't have the locking nut as tight as possible.

· Registered
62 Posts
does anyone have any pictures of their seup so that i can get a better idea of how to route everything

· Registered
1,092 Posts
That's what I did. That's what alot of guys do.
I used stainless braided line with AN fittings, pretty hard to screw that up or get a leak.

I put a needle valve on the pump to shut it off if I get a leak and to dampen the vibration. My needle valve broke a few weeks ago, so when I put a new one on I'm gonna put a snubber before the valve this time. It vibrates so bad that it would vibrate the valve open if I didn't have the locking nut as tight as possible.
i feel dumb for asking this. whats a snubber do? like a dampener?

· Premium Member
3,328 Posts
I had the exact same type of failures with my mechanical Fuel Pressure gauge. I bought an Autometer electronic gauge to replace it and it has worked like a champ for a year now.

Things I found on the isolator.

1) The "throw" in the isolator will go all to one side when the gauge side fluid is lost. You have to take the gauge side line off and push the diaphragm back with a pencil eraser when you re-prime it.

2) My fluid seemed to all leak out the compression fittings. You can't really get a good seal with a brass bushing on a plastic line.

3) The sun hitting the windshield and a-pillar area *seemed to* heat the fluid in the line causing it to expand and get air bubbles in it. After awhile, it was just all air. I used straight anti-freeze.

· Premium Member
2,153 Posts
So, where is a good place to get 1/8" SS braided hose with fittings?

Stan

· Registered
391 Posts
So, where is a good place to get 1/8" SS braided hose with fittings?

Stan
This came up in another thread. Search Summit Racing.

· Premium Member
965 Posts
To answer some of the questions:
Currently the only ISSPRO electric fuel pressure gauge is part of the Performax system of gauges.
Performax Gauge line from ISSPRO

There will be a new stand-alone electronic series launched in about 2 months.

A snubber is just a damper, restricting flow of the fluid. Some snubbers are simple orfices (small hole in the flow path), while others are mesh like a filter, and the ISSPRO R7798 is a piston-bore type which allows alternate pistons to be installed for different restriction levels.

What isolators are you having problems with? Are they the ISSPRO unit (R7797, appears chrome & flat), or someone else's? If you have a good seal then they should not lose any fluid. As mentioned above, you need to make sure you start with the isolator's piston at the "engine side" end of its travel when you fill it with antifreeze.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.