Cummins Diesel Forum banner

isspro fuel pressure gauge- which one? 0-30, 0-60, 0-100 ?

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  cummins04.5handshaker 
#1 ·
Trying to decide which gauge to order. Already have triple pillar gauges with isspro egt, 0-60 boost, and trans. Getting ready to install AD II 165 system and want to do fuel pressure gauge at same time. Do i need anything over the 0-30 psi gauge?? Plan on ordering from dieselmanor with the isolator kit and installing on my steering column with an additional gauge.:confused013:

#4 ·
As everyone else has stated 0-30 is plenty.

#6 ·
Cost-wise it is about the same to go with the electronic EV2 fuel pressure gauge compared to the mechanical EV series with an isolator, and the electronic is a lot less hassle to install.

We also have the EV2 FP gauges available in 30 psi (R14033 for 3rd Gen Dodge match), and also with an integral warning light that turns on below 8 psi (R24033). These are brand new gauges and won't be on price lists yet, but the R14033 is the same price as the existing R14055, and the R24033 is about $10 higher retail.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#7 ·
ok. i was looking at the ev2 series online and decided that it was easier to go that way. i am thinking of a steering column dual pod with 0-30 fuel pressure, and rail pressure gauge as well , since i already have the triple pillar full. I have the ev one series on the pillar, just want to make sure they match and dont look goofy.

#8 ·
They will look very similar, but have three main visual differences:
EV series has convex curved lenses, EV2 has flat ones.
EV2 pointer hub is a perfect match for the factory pointer, EV just has a plain round pointer hub.
EV has the ISSPRO logo just below the pointer, EV2 has it just above the pointer.

I have run similar EV and EV2 gauges next to each other, and it is a minor difference in appearance.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#10 ·
The EV2 fuel pressure gauge uses an 1/8" NPT threaded sensor. Most aftermarket fuel systems will have a port for fuel pressure, and it is usually 1/8" NPT.

The rail pressure gauge uses a harness which "piggybacks" on the factory sensor, you just unplug the OEM harness from the sensor, plug one side of our harness into the sensor, then plug the OEM harness into the back side of our harness (make sure you have it oriented correctly since it can be forced in backwards), then run the two wires and the power/ground/dimmer wires to the gauge.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#17 ·
I've got the 0-30 and it has only worked for a couple months. I got a new sending unit and repressed the wires back in the rear of the gauge and it started to work. I let the truck sit for a little bit while I was driving my other truck and now the gauge isn't working AGAIN!! It's frustrating that you spend money on something that has worked 30% of the time you've had it.. I'm about fed up with it!

#18 ·
I had the same problem, replaced the sensor with the new kit they sent me and no problems since. I will see when I get back home how its holding up, but so far no other problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.