Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Island Dragway On The 9th

3K views 42 replies 9 participants last post by  mulisha 
#1 ·
Well The Date Is Set For Island Dragway.its This Coming Friday The 9th Of April.around 6pm

G
#5 ·
Help me out here. What's going on at Island on the 9th besides you being there? U runnin your truck down the track?

Gawd I remember that place. . . I put a Duster in the swamp 30 years ago. I'm old!:w:

By the way, I'm new here. Figured I'd check out the locals. I'm in Dover

Steve

#7 ·
I will be there. If it's raining I think we decided to push it to the next Friday night the 16th. As of now weather.com is calling for rain.

#8 ·
as of now count me in, my first time at the track this season, should be a good time, the 16th would be better tho bc i have finals this week and next, next thurs schools out

#10 ·
this is gonna be my first run too, with this truck. friday's weather doesnt look good at all. so i guess were gonna try for next friday the 16th, only if it rains on the 9th.ill keep you posted

#20 ·
dudes, i was planning on making it on friday but i just went on island drags website and they said friday was "street legal" night:confused013:

are they gona give me crap for not having a muffler? i doubt they would even kno my truck had a cat on it when it was new.

i was able to download TNT on the smarty over the weekend and if i go to the track i really wana be able to run. looks like its gona be perfect weather!!!!!!

#21 ·
guinness765: i have many stories of island letting things slide on tech. but dont worry just show them respect and they will work with you dont point out whats wrong and if they notice anything play stupid.

im hoping to make it there only 5 miles away from my house, ill be watching since a mega cab dually stock isnt worth racing

#24 ·
"Muffled vehicles only. Slicks are allowed. Car must be less than 90 dB from 100 feet away"

That is from their web site, I have only once seen a trailered drag car get checked. like i said show them respect and they will let some things slide as long as its not way over the top. I have gone there and all i was asked "does it have a throttle return spring?" that was on a high 11 second big block chevy truck. my other friend went with a 12 valve one night and it was missing studs. they pointed it out and said " well you have 5 of 8. most hondas only have 4 so your good" later that day he ran with the tailgate down and they stopped him because mud and shot gun shells were coming out, they just told him to clean it or close it.

#27 ·
yea man lots of fun and perfect weather!

what was ther? like 5 or 6 cummins from various years by the end of the night...oh yea and that one 2nd gen with a garbage can stack that we didnt invite over:hehe: guess we shoulda talked to him and told him to get rid of that thing LOL

#28 · (Edited)
ill be taking a few runs tomorrow night at island..using the shift defuel option for the 1st time..always left the line as far as my limiter would let me, and that was 10psi and 1650rpm's...i did a quick test over the weekend using the shift defuel option and built 14 psi without any sign of defueling...time to test it at the track.....:tree:.......:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.