Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
man, such low mileage and all the upgrades. i would look it over hard, make sure the mods he claims to have are really there. if those mods are there a thrashing during the test drive will give you all the confirmation you need. down side is its not a long bed so i would have reservations on that front. aside from that talk him down as much as you can but at 11K that is a good deal so long as nothing is about to blow out on it. i paid 5.5K for my 99 long bed factory with 280K on it with 1 gear and LOTS of work to do

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
the front tire looks a bit far back in the well there. maybe its the cut front bumper that makes it look a bit off but i would check the control arms to make sure they are longer than factory for that lift he has there. if they are not id talk down at least 500.00 for parts and your time to put proper arms in there.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The way that thing looks, i would give him about 5k for it, i paid 10k for mine, and that was 4 years ago, and you have no idea what was damaged in the wreck. Actually i would look at something better.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Fuel upgrades but not an aftermarket turbo? Alot of smoke there IMO. And a paint job along with the possibility of a other lift parts? I wouldnt offer over 8K without giving a good looking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
with the quad on there i think it would be alright, i have kinda the same thing on my truck and i dont have lots of smoke.

the body paint job would be a couple K so id talk down by 2800 for various parts and such. all in all its the engine that really makes it such a consideration. those low miles are hard to find out there.

·
Registered
879 Posts
one pic, minor description, no receipts??? What?? Next.

·
12V ADDICT!
3,481 Posts
Yea keep looking. Guarantee theres more to the truck than what meets the eye. Plenty out there, patience and youll find the one

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
in my experience the buyer always travels to look at the item not the seller...

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
in my experience the buyer always travels to look at the item not the seller...
Usually but not always. If they are willing to drive, that means they are telling the truth and that the vehicle is road worthy.

I bought a Mercedes 300SD for cheap when the people weren't willing to drive - it wouldn't go over 50 mph which is usually fuel filters. In this case, it was filters not letting it run and kick down cable causing up shifts too early.

To the OP, I'd expect to need a VP and front end steering parts. Also, one never knows how well a repair has been done. I bought a 78 Zcar with the mods I wanted. Unfortunately, the PO was a horrible wrench. The nice shiny paint turned to crap also.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Usually but not always. If they are willing to drive, that means they are telling the truth and that the vehicle is road worthy.

I bought a Mercedes 300SD for cheap when the people weren't willing to drive - it wouldn't go over 50 mph which is usually fuel filters. In this case, it was filters not letting it run and kick down cable causing up shifts too early.

To the OP, I'd expect to need a VP and front end steering parts. Also, one never knows how well a repair has been done. I bought a 78 Zcar with the mods I wanted. Unfortunately, the PO was a horrible wrench. The nice shiny paint turned to crap also.
and pretty sure a clutch, there is no mention of an aftermarket clutch. with 100 hp injectors, a quad and modded cp3, the stock clutch WILL slip on command!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts