Cummins Diesel Forum banner

is this rare?

8K views 78 replies 30 participants last post by  justadonor 
#1 ·
I was told my truck was rare. its a 98 12 valve QUAD CAB SHORT BED 4x4. it looks just like a 24 valve lol. i was talkin to man and he said it was really rare or somethin :confused013:

#2 ·
Yeah the 98 12 valves are a "gem":thumbsup:

#4 ·
I don't know about the short bed, but '98 12v's are a little unusual. I wouldn't call them rare, but there aren't that many of them compared to '98 24 valves. I think people get more excited about them than they really justify.

#21 ·
How do you figure the 98 12V's are rarer than the 24V's? The 12V's were built from middle of July to December 23rd. The 24V's were built from Jan 2nd to end of June. 6 months each. 98 was also the only year you could get Club Cab and Quad cab. It was the first year they put the 4 doors on and the 2 door was only available till December.

#5 ·
They made them in the shortbed, most call them the "Holy Grail":drool2:. I have a 98 12 valve quad cab 4x4 5 speed long bed, it still looks new and most guys that know about the Holy Grail drool over it. I have had a bunch of people try to buy including Gus from FBD. Gus offered me cash for it.

#6 ·
I don't know if they are "rare" but I have a 98 12v quad cab sb 2wd 5spd. I've heard from a lot of you on here havin' 4x4's or autos but nobody has had a similar setup to mine. They might not be 71 Cuda Convertible rare, but not everybody has one.

#13 ·
I don't know if they are "rare" but I have a 98 12v quad cab sb 2wd 5spd. I've heard from a lot of you on here havin' 4x4's or autos but nobody has had a similar setup to mine. They might not be 71 Cuda Convertible rare, but not everybody has one.
i would give you my first born for that thing...that is my "holy grail" right there

oh and please either post pics here or send me some to cmns2500@yahoo.com...i really wanna see this damned thing

#7 ·
huh lol i guess stumbled across a gold mine i guess lol. i know my truck is origional because i've know the boy i bought it from most of my life and he bought it new. got the window stickers. sure enough its a 12 valve quad cab short bed 4x4 auto. its burgandy/silver in color, grey interior

#8 ·
98 12v short beds are rare. 98 was the first year for the short bed. Mine is a long bed but I love it either way. Judging from your sig Cummins Power, you have 2 trucks I would love to have

#9 ·
oh yeah my 24v valve is my baby :thumbsup: shes a good truck too. its got 98k miles on it. sport model all black everything lol dyno'd 526rwhp. you cant even tell a difference in both my trucks really except the color lol

#12 ·
It seems to me about 1 of every 5 98 12v I see is a short bed. It would be interesting to see production numbers.

#15 ·
They are harder to find, but they really aren't that "rare."

I can name probably 15-20 in my general area alone, and yes they are all quadcab/shortbed 12 valves. However, only two of those are Sports (red and Intense Blue), but the red one got sold recently (I was fixing to buy it but quit my job before so...damn)

#25 ·
I have a 4x4 98 shortbed with the 12V and has the back seat but only two doors. so would that be the club cab? and are these not as rare as the quad cab?

#27 ·
just recently sold the 2000 to build up a 98 12V still a project though so doesnt look as good as the last truck so dont have any pictures to change it with

#29 ·
Mine doesn't have a cracked dash & only one little spot of rust. I'm still lookin for somebody that's quad cab shortbed 12v is a 5spd 2wd. Will get better pics soon. That one my son took with his ipod.

#35 ·
I love my QCLB. I have a Silverado shot bed and it drives me crazy--only short bed I have ever owned. Granted the qclb is like the Queen Mary, I have little trouble getting through intersections and parking lots.

#32 ·
neither one of my trucks have any cracks, rips, or rust. my dad bought the 24v brand new and its been in a garage ever since. my 12v has also been in a garage its whole life. both are southern truck and my 24v dont get drove in the winter. both are in a-1 shape :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.