Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told my truck was rare. its a 98 12 valve QUAD CAB SHORT BED 4x4. it looks just like a 24 valve lol. i was talkin to man and he said it was really rare or somethin :confused013:

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Yeah the 98 12 valves are a "gem":thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
from my understanding, they didnt make any of them in a short bed. short beds didnt come out till 3rd gen.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I don't know about the short bed, but '98 12v's are a little unusual. I wouldn't call them rare, but there aren't that many of them compared to '98 24 valves. I think people get more excited about them than they really justify.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They made them in the shortbed, most call them the "Holy Grail":drool2:. I have a 98 12 valve quad cab 4x4 5 speed long bed, it still looks new and most guys that know about the Holy Grail drool over it. I have had a bunch of people try to buy including Gus from FBD. Gus offered me cash for it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't know if they are "rare" but I have a 98 12v quad cab sb 2wd 5spd. I've heard from a lot of you on here havin' 4x4's or autos but nobody has had a similar setup to mine. They might not be 71 Cuda Convertible rare, but not everybody has one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
huh lol i guess stumbled across a gold mine i guess lol. i know my truck is origional because i've know the boy i bought it from most of my life and he bought it new. got the window stickers. sure enough its a 12 valve quad cab short bed 4x4 auto. its burgandy/silver in color, grey interior

·
Registered
264 Posts
98 12v short beds are rare. 98 was the first year for the short bed. Mine is a long bed but I love it either way. Judging from your sig Cummins Power, you have 2 trucks I would love to have

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah my 24v valve is my baby :thumbsup: shes a good truck too. its got 98k miles on it. sport model all black everything lol dyno'd 526rwhp. you cant even tell a difference in both my trucks really except the color lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
The 02 is a Sport?:drool2: Yep, I'm definitely jealous lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 98 quad cab 12v sport short bed. How many of these do you think they made?:confused013:

·
Registered
264 Posts
It seems to me about 1 of every 5 98 12v I see is a short bed. It would be interesting to see production numbers.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
I don't know if they are "rare" but I have a 98 12v quad cab sb 2wd 5spd. I've heard from a lot of you on here havin' 4x4's or autos but nobody has had a similar setup to mine. They might not be 71 Cuda Convertible rare, but not everybody has one.
i would give you my first born for that thing...that is my "holy grail" right there

oh and please either post pics here or send me some to [email protected]...i really wanna see this damned thing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes please post pics of this truck lol i'd like to lay eyes on it too

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
They are harder to find, but they really aren't that "rare."

I can name probably 15-20 in my general area alone, and yes they are all quadcab/shortbed 12 valves. However, only two of those are Sports (red and Intense Blue), but the red one got sold recently (I was fixing to buy it but quit my job before so...damn)

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh yeah my 24v valve is my baby :thumbsup: shes a good truck too. its got 98k miles on it. sport model all black everything lol dyno'd 526rwhp. you cant even tell a difference in both my trucks really except the color lol
:worthless:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 98 12v Quad cab short box SPORT is 4x2 Auto. Do you know where to find production numbers?:confused013:

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
My 98 12v Quad cab short box SPORT is 4x2 Auto. Do you know where to find production numbers?:confused013:
ok, that's it, i'm calling for a ban on people who post things like this w/o even the hint of a pic...

:worthless:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts