Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys need some help.......sometimes after letting my truck sit for a couple of hours without running when I start it up and go it wont go past about 2000 rpm no matter what gear I have it in of how far my foot is in the pedal then after it warms up I guess it acts fine is this normal or is there a problem here? this usually happens in the morning going to work.
any help is appreciated thank

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
no thats not normal...does the truck have any mods done to it?

what is the fuel pressure?

check for codes and try resetting the apps

sounds like a APPS or maybe a fuel issue

Scott

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no everything on the truck is stock all it has is a straight pipe......................and also when I get the quadzilla adreneline what upgrades should I make to my fuel system?

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
fuel pressure Gage and a better fuel pump like a FASS system

and if your running a auto you may want to start saving some :$: for that

fill out your Sig. so we can all see your truck info :thumbsup

·
HI
3,440 Posts
fuel pressure Gage and a better fuel pump like a FASS system

and if your running a auto you may want to start saving some :$: for that

fill out your Sig. so we can all see your truck info :thumbsup
:agree2::agree2::thumbsup

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine does the same thing, but mine does it every once in a while after it's hot. Best thing too do like graphic man said is check for codes. I got the dreaded 216 code, injection pump.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im afraid thats what it night be it was blowin out a s... load of white smoke the other day when i fired it up in the morning

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
my VP went for a crap on Monday.....tons of white smoke and then it quit on the side of the road.....new VP and were back up and running,..... 2g's later :thud:

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep had a diagnostic check and it came back bad injection pump timing.....this is great........is there anything I can replace the VP44 with that is cheaper or better?

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Try Midwest Injection. 1100$ free shipping I think, and it took me less than 2hrs to swap it out. Its the first time I have done it I'm sure I could do it in an hour if I had to.
I called Midwest for shipping a pump to Canada, they directed me to Tabor Diesel in Alberta, so I saved 600-800$ compared to buying locally. and I got it the next day. my VP had about 350,000kms on it (I'm certain it was orginal). It still worked fine when I pulled it off, no codes/ no drivability issues, I replaced it because I was uncertain of its reliability and that it had been driven for a LONG time with little or no fuel pressure. so I put on an Airdog to help prolong my new VP.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i had the same issues untill i changed my vp i got mine from midwest injection. great company and price. where ever you get one make sure that there is a new computer with no heat cycles installed on the pump. the 216 code is a timming issue in the computer . if a comapny just rebuilds the pump without installing a new computer then youll most likely run into this problem again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts