Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I on occassion rev my motor in park and the the truck seems to be slow to release the throttle......My buddies truck revs like a normal gasser engine.....Is this normal or is something gone south?

Almost sounds like the fuel rail is staying pressurized if that make any sense at all.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I on occassion rev my motor in park and the the truck seems to be slow to release the throttle......My buddies truck revs like a normal gasser engine.....Is this normal or is something gone south?

Almost sounds like the fuel rail is staying pressurized if that make any sense at all.
That is what I have been told was the culpret....And that it is normal for a Common rail truck. But I am with you how come some do it and others dont? At one point I was told it was because my injectors were bad..well I have new injectors and it still does the same thing so I guess that one is ruled out...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Alot of my buddies trucks do this, mine doesn't really, i guess it does a little, but i think it is semi-normal...:confused013:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just as side note. There is no tranny fluid circulating in Park on a factory valve body.

Pete

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
so does mine

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The things that make you go Hmm?:lol4:

·
Registered
468 Posts
seems like the 04.5 and newer trucks do it. unless someone says otherwise. my 04 doesnt but most newer trucks ive driven do.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My truck does the same thing, I revved it the other day infront of the mechanics on my job and they thought it was odd, but they all drive 2nd gens or Powerchokes.:confused013:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts