Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of getting new brakes and rotors for my 2wd. Im wondering if its to much for these rotors and brake pads. Also how hard is it to change out the rotors some say its a pain on 4wd but what about 2wd?

heres the rotors and brake pads Im lookin at. I want to get the premium semi metallic brake pads for 40 dollars.
Premium Dimpled and Slotted Brake Rotors

·
On call 24/7
12,572 Posts
I just did this on my 4wd last week and it was easy but I used a press to get the hub and rotors apart. Dont know how the 2wd trucks are though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you rent the press from oreillys or autozone?

·
On call 24/7
12,572 Posts
My buddy has a big 50 ton press in his shop. You can use a hammer and bolt or socket too but a press is just easier.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh lol ok cool. Do you think the prices for those rotors are a good deal or no?

·
On call 24/7
12,572 Posts
I get an error when I try to open the page but mine were $27 each from oreilly but my dad works there.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic brake pads for i think $140 on ebay

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic brake pads for i think $140 on ebay
Thats a much better deal than what that sites showing its 200 and something for the front set plus 40 for the ceramic brakes and 200 and somethin for the back set. Ill have to check ebay out. thank you.

·
Registered
806 Posts
no problem man... i wish i could find the guy i got mine from though. it might be the same guy but he raised his prices alittle.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I used to run through the Semi-metalic pads in about a year and then I found a set of Performance Friction Carbon Metalic pads with a vent and i will say I can tell a big difference I have been running them for about a year now and they are only about a mm thinner. They cost me about $65 at Oreilly with my dealer dicount. I think they are about $90 without it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts