Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i still cant get rid of this pop that crazy larry gives me. is there anyway i can decrease timing...... maybe with the crank sensor or something.

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still on stock cp3, but my rail pressure only goes down to 15k then climbs to 20k.

· Registered
678 Posts
Bully Dog doesn't offer any timing settings? I'm sure you could do the opposite of the timing ring mod, to retard timing but I'm going to have to go with what the others are saying, in that you're running out of fuel.

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my fuel pressure doesnt drop below 30 psi, and my rail pressure only drops to 15 k at wot. it climbs back up to 20k fast.

the pop doesnt happen when i get on it hard. only around 1/3 to 1/2 throttle when i slowly get on it. it has to be timing. idk what else it could be, but im tired of the pop. it only happens when i have it set on crazy larry.

explain the timing ring mod please, if it simple enough to decrease timing i would like to try that and see if it goes away.

· Registered
4,266 Posts
loosen the crankpulley/ dampener bolts and rotate the toner ring counter clock wise, if the adjustment is not enough remove the ring and drill the holes slighty bigger.

2,204 Posts
I dont have a lot of experience with crazy larry, but does it ramp rail psi up pretty quickly? It doesnt increase peak pressure, but just ramps it up much faster if I remember right, I may be wrong. If that is the case, 1/3 to 1/2 half throttle may give you the pop if the rail psi is trying to ramp up fast, but with the 120's the CP3 is surely struggling even with 30psi of supply pressure. There is still the possibility of timing pop. How much advance does the CL timing have?

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Have you tried downloading CL from another source and loading it onto your TD?

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you tried downloading CL from another source and loading it onto your TD?
what do you mean. like maybe i really dont have the true 2.4d??????????

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont have a lot of experience with crazy larry, but does it ramp rail psi up pretty quickly? It doesnt increase peak pressure, but just ramps it up much faster if I remember right, I may be wrong. If that is the case, 1/3 to 1/2 half throttle may give you the pop if the rail psi is trying to ramp up fast, but with the 120's the CP3 is surely struggling even with 30psi of supply pressure. There is still the possibility of timing pop. How much advance does the CL timing have?
i dont have any info on CL and what it does.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
what do you mean. like maybe i really dont have the true 2.4d??????????
Since most people got their CL, SL, and PL from places other than BD, I've heard of people getting funky versions of the Larry tunes that didn't run right.

It wouldn't hurt to try 2.4.D from another source and see if it still pops.

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since most people got their CL, SL, and PL from places other than BD, I've heard of people getting funky versions of the Larry tunes that didn't run right.

It wouldn't hurt to try 2.4.D from another source and see if it still pops.
yeah now i just have to find someone with it :lol4:

· Registered
160 Posts
Look up Tone Ring Mod... google it or something... the mod is to advace timing but you can do it backwards and decrease it by i think 2 or 4 degrees... so there a answer to your question... will it ix your problem... heck if i know... the other guys can talk with ya on that... i just know this... lol

· Registered
3,661 Posts
yeah now i just have to find someone with it :lol4:
Send me your email I will send you the same copy Buddy sent us Beta testers.

Stroker may be on to something here also.

By chance when you installed it did you install the low end power option? If yes then when your peddle is at 50% throttle your TPS is at 100% both the smarty and BD use this trick for apearance of of greater throttle response.

(I dont know how any one can drive on the street with that set up):doh:

If this is the case you will have to uninstall the software then reinstall and select NO when it asks for low end power option.

If that doesnt do it let me know and I will send you 2.4.D :thumbsup:

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i hate driving with low end power. so i dont have it selected. yeah send it over and ill give it a shot. [email protected]

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey runninlean....... how do i get the code for torque management?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.