Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 that i want to do a few things to because its just not fast enough. as of now i have a fass DDRP which is crap in my opinion, a diablo sport power puck, boost elbow, k&n intake, straight pipe and soon to come boost fooler. i have 511,000 miles on it is there anything i can do to it with out blowing the motor into a million pieces??? i know i need to get pyrometer and fuel pressure gauges too.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Put your truck details in your signature...

It's always the same answer. More fuel and more air. Why do you say the FASS DDRP is crap? You don't even have a fuel pressure gauge on there so you can't tell what is going on. Change to Edge or Quazilla for your electronics so you get gauges too. You never mentioned your transmission in your signature line...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its my dads cab and chassis that he has used for mostly highway miles and i say the DDRP is crap because i have a warning light on it and if it gets under 5 psi it comes on and as soon as i get to 2300 rpm its on. and its a brand new 6 speed that has about 20,000 miles on it. would 60 hp injectors hurt anything and i think im fixin to order the edge w/ attitude

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Nope... first thing is to back up and get your fuel system in check. You want 10-20 psi at all times. So you need a better FASS or AirDog solution. The DDRP is a stock replacement, and you are asking it to do something it can't. Injectors and electronics will hurt your VP. As it stands now 5psi is hurting it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha that stupid vp has taken some torture. its got about 300,000 on it and its had the stock lift pump that was going below 5 psi at about 2 grand. im sure its not gonna be around much longer so when it goes i will get the air dog 150 or something like that

·
Registered
785 Posts
It only took my Juice on level 5 10 minutes to kill my VP with the stock lift pump. New VP and Airdog and it is much better. When the VP died I was downtown St. Louis and had it struggle to get me 25 miles home. Your choice...
:flag1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts