Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well theres still no luck with the cummins, my buddy bought it 3 months ago from a dealer as-is, hes a die hard chevy fan but he went outside the box and bought a 1994 cummins, it ran for 2 days and died, weve tried so many things but no luck he said if its not running by the end of the weekend its going down the road no matter how much of a loss he has to take on it. i dont want him to hate dodges becuase we cant get it running so i need your guys help so we can keep him a dodge guy. so heres the lowdown... weve replaced the fuel filter and the lift pump and one injector had the rest cleaned weve had all the injector lines cleaned and flushed, we also flushed the ip to get any loose dirt out of it, it only has 180,000 miles, the fuel shut of soilenoid is good, it would only idle at 250-300rpms but ran fine then the second day it wouldnt rev over 2,000rpms and then it just died, weve tried non-stop to get it runnin and we got it to finally fire tonight we tried bleeding the injectors but we barley get any fuel out of1,2,4,5,6 lines, but line 3 pours out fuel, it will roll over for about 30 seconds then fire but it runs like , will run for about a min. will keep it floored and it will start to climb in rpms but once it gets to about 2,000-2,500rpms it just falls right back down and dies and then it will just keep doing that every time its started, he thinks the ip is bad, but when the check valve was pulled and the motor was rolled over it poured fuel out but once its put back in we barely get any fuel to the injectors except number 3, this kid dosnt have much money at all and hes looseing money by not haveing his work truck running hes giveing it till the ed of the weekend then hes going back to chevys so please help becuase noone want s to loose a dodge guy to a chevy..lol any help is appreciated thanks:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
10 Posts
p-pump

Ok guys here's my two cents, I think you have a bad P7100. I have a 95 that had similar prob's, and eventually died. The 94-95 P7100 pump suffers from warping deliver valves that cause a loss of fuel and missing, hard pedal, and like mine you could hold it wide open till it reached 2500 and as soon as you left off it died. Hope this helps, tell your friend not to hate all vehicles have problems

32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well actually we think we have it figured out, i think it has jumped time i think its jumped to 19 when it should actually be at 15, and as far as looseing prime goes we had a loose injextor line we missed, gonna time it back in and bleed it and hope she runs

·
Registered
74 Posts
my truck did that when my buddy ran it out of fuel and we had to get it running again. Couldn't get fuel to any of the injector lines exept for one. had to hit the primer button about 50 times while cranking it and cracking lines. fired right up. good luck man!

·
Registered
247 Posts
some times you have to bleed at the injectors and not the pump. might be sign of weak delivery valves.

32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i always bleed them at the injectors, so i know all the air is out of the line also, i have ran out of fuel alot in my 98, its got the 24 valve in it and every time i ran out it burnt up the lift pump, its around 425hp but i plan on building it more

1 - 6 of 6 Posts